My New Distortion, the best
The JEM
Jun 25 2007, 03:43 AM
GMC:er
just got a boss ds-1 pedal with the keeley ultra mod and it is totally worth the extra $

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Rock
Jun 25 2007, 06:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The JEM @ Jun 25 2007, 03:43 AM) *
just got a boss ds-1 pedal with the keeley ultra mod and it is totally worth the extra $

I modified my DS-2 with instructions from Indyguitarist and it sounds much, much better. I don't understand why the manufacturers don't include these mods themselves. In many cases, many of the changes are upgrading to metal film resistors which quiet down the background noise. Other modifications are component value changes that give the pedal a better or more full sound. I think part of the reason is they design these pedals based on what looks best on paper and don't take into effect some of the tonality differences different components will make. I had decided to modify my own since I already had my pedals and Keeley charges $50 per pedal upgrade. I agree with you that the modifications are well worth it. It cost me about $10 per pedal to do it myself, but now that I have the solder gun and accessories and extra components I can modify the same pedal for about a dollar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:23 AM