> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2016, 03:10 PM
Instructor
50 years and you didn't invite me to the party??? laugh.gif

Congrats mate! I hope you had a GREAT time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2016, 09:39 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Mate you would be more than welcome smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2016, 05:10 PM
Instructor
hehehe maybe next year. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 16 2016, 10:22 PM
Hello Gab,

OK, got back late Sunday night, haven't picked up a guitar until this evening (Tuesday). Had a read through the theory assignment to get my head around it then need to get back onto my Satch lesson. I'm really pleased with this and had a big smile on my face while I played it biggrin.gif
I know it's not fault free but I really enjoyed it and considering the amount of time I have spent on it since last time I put a SoundCloud on for you (about 20 minutes) I think there are improvements.
What do you think?
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/satriani-style

Also I haven't forgotten about THIS question, I will get back to it when I find time. I really want to understand that but something is giving me a mental block with it. Why is it that some things just don't fall into our brains and other things do? I understand the co-efficient of thermal linear expansion, and continuous second order polynomial function but chords??? unsure.gif laugh.gif

I look forward to your comments smile.gif

Cheers Gab.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2016, 07:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!! Welcome back!!

Your take on Satriani style lesson is killer!! I'm impressed. smile.gif It sounds very powerful and well played. There is some room to make your vibrato stronger but the overall is awesome, congrats!!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 18 2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks Gab,
I've put a video on the REC board. I know I can get this much better but I put it up anyway wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 19 2016, 10:24 PM
Hello Gab,

I'm struggling a bit, is the third triad a D shape? I think it is but it took a while to work it out. This makes me feel really dumb but I'm not, that's what infuriates me.

I didn't want to put it in the main thread in case it was a spoiler.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 20 2016, 07:56 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2016, 12:13 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, no, that's not a D shape. It's related to the E shape of the caged system (if you complete the chord using the other strings).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 21 2016, 11:21 AM
Sorry Gab,

I feel stupid noiw, I actually meant E not D. Can you see how this messes with my head? laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2016, 09:19 PM
Instructor
hehehe just an irrelevant confusion, don't worry. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 21 2016, 09:37 PM
Thanks Gab
The thing is, I thought it was E BUT I wasn't sure.

I've tried to get a bit warmer on the tone of the Satriani lesson. Initially I've added an analogue drive pedal before the GT-001, I have hardly any extra gain on the pedal though, just using the tonal character of it. I'm not using my Peavey valve head for this as I am still learning how to get the best out of it.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/satriani-made-easy-warmer

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2016, 09:48 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I think that your tone is better on this new take. You can continue experimenting in this direction but you are on the right track.

A bit out of topic but this cool video has come to mind. It's like a Satch tribute and sounds cool:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 22 2016, 10:09 PM
Thanks Gab,

Awesome video, those dudes can play cool.gif

OK working on tone again, there is some handling noise in places but I've been at work for 12 hours on my feet today, high volume manual work and I'm pretty tired wacko.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/satriani-made-easy-warmer-ii

Do you think I should start another lesson and use this as my warm up to polish it for one more REC take??

I'm still struggling to get all of those triads (Theory thread) into my head never mind play something with them rolleyes.gif

Cheers Gab.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 23 2016, 01:08 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2016, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, this sounds nice!

I think that keeping this one as a warming up is a good idea, but I would also use it to create variations. I mean, use the jam track, play the lesson and then start to create variations of the licks, combine them with your phrasing and try to make the licks of your own. Use it to develop your improvisation and phrasing. This could be your first 10 minutes of playing every day and it will be a warm up for your playing but also for your creativity. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 23 2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks Gab,

Yeah I've already been doing that a little bit, not drastic changes, just a couple of notes so it's more of a variation on a theme than a complete change.

What about a new lesson, I really enjoy playing this Satriani one, it will be my party piece if anyone comes to my house and says "play something for me" cool.gif

Here's an improvisation, not all "good" notes I know, but at least I can hear the poor choices a bit better now smile.gif
I might have a go at thinking a bit more and "composing" something stronger. Improvising is tricky at this bpm wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/satriani-made-easy-improv-1

I've listened to Ben's Vai made easy but it doesn't do much for me for some reason.

Thanks for your help Gab smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 23 2016, 10:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2016, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, great to see you experimenting with variations of this one. Please keep this work during the next days as you warm up and start working on a new lesson.

This one could be a good choice: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Petrucci-Made-Easy/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 24 2016, 09:12 PM
Thanks Gab,

I like that lesson, I have never really got into Dream Theatre, not really my bag but I do appreciate their immense skills.

I'll start working on that ASAP.

I'm installing a Focusrite 18i8 this evening but I'll be on it tomorrow evening, also I'm not here for most of the weekend.

Thanks for your continued help and support Gab smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2016, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Great Phil. I recommend you to listen to the album "Scenes from a memory". I believe it's a masterpiece that every rock lover should listen to... and I also think that you need to listen to it complete, from track 1 to the end... it's conceptual, it's musical, it's perfect.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 25 2016, 02:16 PM
Thanks Gab,

I've ordered it. I often listen to albums all the way through, I'm from the vinyl age wink.gif Problem nowadays, it's too easy for hte kids to skip from track to track, artist to artist etc. They just don't get into the music sad.gif

There was a few hiccups installed the plugins with my Focusrite that I'll have to sort out tonight, but trust me, as soon as I can, I will be on the Petrucci lesson smile.gif

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2016, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:37 PM