> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Mtp January Thread - Zion
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2010, 05:45 PM
Instructor
Hello Zion. You are having problems with the solo parts. I'm most interested in seeing you playing the rhythm sections so if you can't play the other parts we can use this lesson as the next month's REC...
What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 20 2010, 09:36 PM
Learning Roadie
I am sorry.. i wont be able to do a video tonight.. I am feeling very very back and cant even hold the guitar properly.. sad.gif
I'll do the video as soon as i am able..

let me think about it as a rec take..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2010, 07:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 20 2010, 05:36 PM) *
I am sorry.. i wont be able to do a video tonight.. I am feeling very very back and cant even hold the guitar properly.. sad.gif
I'll do the video as soon as i am able..

let me think about it as a rec take..

Don't worry Zion! I hope that you feel better soon! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 24 2010, 08:08 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 21 2010, 07:30 AM) *
Don't worry Zion! I hope that you feel better soon! smile.gif

Hello Gabriel

I am now back in action.. I have been sick since tuesday, and haven't been able to practice.. Now my daughter is sick as well, so i can only practice if/when she sleeps..

Anyways, i have been practicing again tonight, and the story so far is, that it almost feels like starting all over again.. I have been practicing along with the guitar pro tabs trying to get the timing right.. good news is that i can do the first 7 bars okay.. bad news is that i can only do them at 75 bpm.. This lesson need a LOT more practice before getting close to full speed..

Any ideas on what i should do? do you still want a video or should i continue practicing this one really hard???

btw.. i noticed an error in the guitar pro tabs.. 4th bar you go all the way up to 6th string 2nd fret, which you dont do on the video (and on the other tab)..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2010, 06:41 AM
Instructor
Hello Zion, thanks for notifying. I'm glad to know that you are feeling well now! smile.gif I think that the MTP rules says that every assignment must be recorded in a video to allow the instructor to post the following one, so you can take a few more days to practice this one and then post it here. Maybe we won't be able to finish this month's mtp on time but we can use some February days to finish it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 25 2010, 12:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 25 2010, 06:41 AM) *
Hello Zion, thanks for notifying. I'm glad to know that you are feeling well now! smile.gif I think that the MTP rules says that every assignment must be recorded in a video to allow the instructor to post the following one, so you can take a few more days to practice this one and then post it here. Maybe we won't be able to finish this month's mtp on time but we can use some February days to finish it.

Roger that.. I will try and do a video with the assignment.. will post one when it's done.. stay tuned..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2010, 05:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 25 2010, 08:55 AM) *
Roger that.. I will try and do a video with the assignment.. will post one when it's done.. stay tuned..

Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 26 2010, 09:38 PM
Learning Roadie
hey again

Guess my sickness wasn't completely over.. I have been throwing up the last 24 hours, and I am completely dehydrated.. No time for practice today..

However, the plan is still to do a video tomorrow.. i really hope my sickness is done by then..

-David

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 26 2010, 10:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 26 2010, 05:38 PM) *
hey again

Guess my sickness wasn't completely over.. I have been throwing up the last 24 hours, and I am completely dehydrated.. No time for practice today..

However, the plan is still to do a video tomorrow.. i really hope my sickness is done by then..

-David

Ok, please take care of yourself!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 27 2010, 09:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe..

The reason for all my current sickness and health issues is because my daugther has just started kindergarden.. She's been going there for two weeks with 10 other kids, and apparently she has taken a whole lot of sickness and virusses home with her.. and of course we get them too.. My colleage at work told me that when his son started kindergarden it took them 4 months to finally get over the sickness.. wow.. i sincerely do not hope this will be the case for me, as i am tired and pretty beat up by now..

Anyways, I have done a video for you.. I am affraid i couldn't do your lesson justice, but I am at a loss at the moment.. I need to get this thing out of the way before i start hating my guitar (sorry.. love the lesson, but it's taking all my energy away atm)..

here it is..

Oh, and I really dont want to do this lesson as a REC next month.. i am pretty sure that an entire month of practice wont be able to get me up to speed.. I hope you understand..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2010, 10:06 PM
Instructor
Hello Zion! That sounds really bad! sad.gif I hope that you won't get any of those viruses again!

Thank you for your efforts to work on the assignment. However I find that this situation gave me a lot of ideas of the things that we must work. Let's give up this one... I'll give this assignment as passed because of your efforts and I'll give you assignment number 3 later today of tomorrow.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 28 2010, 12:25 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe..

Thanks for your concern.. it's greatly appreciated.. However, i am not completely over it yet, as I have just started to get a fever again tonight.. for the moment i cannot seem to catch a break.. hopefully it's just an aftermath, but who knows..

I am really glad we can go on with a new lesson, and i am glad you have some ideas on what to do next.. i guess this one was a bit too much for me to chew on.. I have bookmarked it though as it's really cool, and i will put this on my "List of Goals"..

It also hit me with a ton of bricks about how "slow" i really am.. i will try to put your lick (intro lick @ the 16th fret) into a routine, and perhaps that way i can learn to do this one faster..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 29 2010, 12:01 AM
Instructor
How are you feeling now? Are you ready for a new assignment?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 29 2010, 11:39 AM
Learning Roadie
ya.. just bring it.. smile.gif

I am a lot better, and i try to grab the guitar every day.. we'll see what happens..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2010, 03:32 AM
Instructor
Assignment 3:
Hi again! This is your new assignment. It's a Kotzen style short legato lick that is a very cool exercise to train your left hand. It's very important to keep repeating this lick as a loop for a while until you feel that your hand is tired or starts to hurt.

Attached File  MTP_Zion.gp5 ( 1.86K ) Number of downloads: 87

Let me know how do you feel the exercise. If you notice that you can play it easily you can play it in every string. The tempo required is the faster than you can!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 30 2010, 02:08 PM
Learning Roadie
interesting..

I do have issues with my legato techniques.. I rarely use legato in my playing.. Most likely because i dont feel i am good enough for them..
Will update you on my progress..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2010, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 30 2010, 10:08 AM) *
interesting..

I do have issues with my legato techniques.. I rarely use legato in my playing.. Most likely because i dont feel i am good enough for them..
Will update you on my progress..

Great! This is just the beginning of our legato studies. Please keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 31 2010, 08:59 PM
Learning Roadie
so.. i have been practicing tonight and my fingers are now hurting..

I am having some difficulty not sounding the adjacent string (usually the one below).. what i am doing right now is palm muting the above strings, and then using my right hand fingers on the strings below.. using middle and ring finger on string 2 and 1..

is this the proper "correct" way to do it, or should i really be using the left hand to mute?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2010, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 31 2010, 04:59 PM) *
so.. i have been practicing tonight and my fingers are now hurting..

I am having some difficulty not sounding the adjacent string (usually the one below).. what i am doing right now is palm muting the above strings, and then using my right hand fingers on the strings below.. using middle and ring finger on string 2 and 1..

is this the proper "correct" way to do it, or should i really be using the left hand to mute?

yes! This is the correct way to work it. The idea is to be concentrated only in your left hand.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Feb 2 2010, 09:11 PM
Learning Roadie
quick update... todays band practice was cancelled due to a snow blizzard, so i have been practicing my legato instead..

I have already noticed a difference.. it already seems a little easier.. even the legato part in this months REC is easier now.. it's awesome..
I have just done it at 120 bpm.. still a long way to 180bpm, but i am definately getting better and faster.. it's great..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:01 PM