15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
UncleSkillet
Jul 6 2009, 02:25 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wow! Great improvement!
I really like this take for you Steve. smile.gif
Adding the pauses between the begining licks worked out great imho. Structure in good you have a begining, middle and the end where you through in the thrill was great. I don't think there is much I would change. If you decide to do another take my only other suggestion would be to try a little less gain (sounds kind of to heavy metal for my taste but cool at the same time) and the vibrato could be smoother.

I think Ivan will have some nice things to say when you upload your take. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 6 2009, 02:51 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Awesome, thanks Jeff, glad you like it. smile.gif It does have a bit drive to it. I drew some inspiration from Garry here with Albert. Check him out, just awesome imo!

Uploading now to the thread... biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 6 2009, 03:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Well there you go then smile.gif

This was fun and as I listen to some of your older uploads before we started the MTP I can really hear some great progress.

Congrats Steve, you should be very proud of your work. tongue.gif smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 6 2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks Jeff, progress is really all that matters to me. smile.gif And thank you again for all your help so far along the way. Will have many more questions so I hope your in for a long ride... tongue.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 10 2009, 01:44 AM
Cheers Jeff, glad you think Pedja's collab will help me. smile.gif I wanted to get your opinion of this take..

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Play_Rest_skenny_WB.mp3 ( 1.48MB ) Number of downloads: 136

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 10 2009, 02:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 9 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Cheers Jeff, glad you think Pedja's collab will help me. smile.gif I wanted to get your opinion of this take..

This sounds really cool to me. Everything makes sence when I listened (good melodic flow) so wo..hoo...! tongue.gif smile.gif
I'll let Pedja comment on the pausing breaks he is looking for but you stoped, paused and it sounded very cool.

Your guitar tone I liked also, I thought it was a Saxophone at first. ohmy.gif laugh.gif Very cool!

Post it and see what comments he has. You can post as many takes as you want in his collab.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 10 2009, 02:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 10 2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks Jeff, I built that tone with a SAX in mind..So glad you picked up on that. smile.gif I'll post it up then with your blessing... tongue.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 10 2009, 02:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 9 2009, 09:14 PM) *
Thanks Jeff, I built that tone with a SAX in mind..So glad you picked up on that. smile.gif I'll post it up then with your blessing... tongue.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Did you think I would miss something about the tone tongue.gif It's all about the tone and feel bro! smile.gif

May Pedja have mercy on your soul wink.gif laugh.gif I'm looking forward to his comments as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 10 2009, 02:34 AM
laugh.gif laugh.gif I have read his comments before... unsure.gif But that is exactly what I want! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 10 2009, 02:46 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 9 2009, 09:34 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif I have read his comments before... unsure.gif But that is exactly what I want! smile.gif

He is a great instructor and I'm sure he will help you alot.
UPLOAD thread is up now so get busy. Maybe he will comment before I go to bed biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 10 2009, 03:05 AM
Uploaded! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 10 2009, 03:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 9 2009, 10:05 PM) *
Uploaded! smile.gif

I know (chewing my nails) ph34r.gif

Comments please! smile.gif

EDIT: Comments are already up! Lets read them together smile.gif

Well, what do you think?

I was a little confused myself the 1st time I read it but when I did it again it made perfect sence.
You did really well Steve! smile.gif

If you have questions or need a few examples I'm here. I would have joined this collab myself but I'm leaving on vacation soon (7/19 - 7/27) and have a bunch of crap to do. ohmy.gif

Keep uploading, it's working and your doing a great job Steve. cool.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 10 2009, 03:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 10 2009, 03:43 AM
I took his comments in a very positive way man and felt they were on the good side as well! biggrin.gif I'm going to take his advice and keep uploading more takes with different time feel. I'm liking Pedja's style with his collab's. It definitely feels like an "in class" type of deal.

Take's before the 19th, I'll post here before there my friend for you to comment too! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 10 2009, 04:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 9 2009, 10:43 PM) *
I took his comments in a very positive way man and felt they were on the good side as well! biggrin.gif I'm going to take his advice and keep uploading more takes with different time feel. I'm liking Pedja's style with his collab's. It definitely feels like an "in class" type of deal.

Take's before the 19th, I'll post here before there my friend for you to comment too! smile.gif

smile.gif Thanks, and have some fun OK! You SUCK! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif ph34r.gif

Congrats,

Skillet

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 10 2009, 04:49 AM
laugh.gif Thanks man, I will! smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 11 2009, 02:46 AM
I told you I would upload here first so here is another take. Very similar to the first but I started on the 2nd bar and played 2 bar.. rest..2bar rest..as Pedja recommended. Check it out..

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Play_Rest_skenny_2WB.mp3 ( 1.48MB ) Number of downloads: 128

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 11 2009, 03:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 10 2009, 09:46 PM) *
I told you I would upload here first so here is another take. Very similar to the first but I started on the 2nd bar and played 2 bar.. rest..2bar rest..as Pedja recommended. Check it out..

Playing it 2 and 2 really creates a different feal. Still sounds really good but maybe it could have a little more spice. Becuase the breaks are long you need more going on when you play the licks imho. So faster more melodic riffs would sound better to me.

Still it's another great take and I hope your learning alot from this smile.gif

Try another one if you have time and mix it up. Let your fealing go! 1 and 1, 2 and 2 or what ever you think. Switch it up within the same take but be consistent ok. wink.gif cool.gif

Cheeers,

Skillet

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 11 2009, 03:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 11 2009, 03:22 AM
I feel the same way man. This is definitely a different approach and I am learning from it. smile.gif I plan on another take with as you said, faster sections. It's just hard to think and fit those in to two bars. I think Pedja wants it consistent so if I go 3 bars, there's a long wait so the playing better be catchy! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 11 2009, 03:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 10 2009, 10:22 PM) *
I feel the same way man. This is definitely a different approach and I am learning from it. smile.gif I plan on another take with as you said, faster sections. It's just hard to think and fit those in to two bars. I think Pedja wants it consistent so if I go 3 bars, there's a long wait so the playing better be catchy! laugh.gif

It's got to be catchy for sure. wink.gif

I really like the begining of your first take so maybe keep that cause it sounds very cool where you come in on the beat and pick back up after the rest. After that do a mix of your second take and first (as far as licks and breaks go).

You got it Steve so trust yourself. Create a combo from both of your takes and it will be amazing! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 12 2009, 11:23 PM
What's up Jeff? Been a bit hectic for me this weekend, had a lot going on but I managed to get some time in on the strings this afternoon. smile.gif I been wanting to get into this lesson by Ivan Zecic so I jumped right on it. To my surprise, I picked up on it fairly quick. Still need to sharpen the vibrato and clean up a few rhythmic details. I couldn't help myself but to through together a quick low quality vid for ya.. biggrin.gif ...

Original Lesson

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:02 PM