How Do You Do It?, string skipping licks?
lcsdds
Jan 23 2009, 03:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Muris,
So I finally got around to adding your Fusion Jam advanced to my practice routine. I have told you before that I love how you incorporate so many techniques into your lessons. When I practice your lessons I really like to analyze your licks and see if I can figure out what the heck you were thinking when you came up with the licks. I was wondering about your string skipping licks. Some of them I can tell you are playing an arpeggio but some of them seem to be just patterns. Are you mostly thinking about shapes when you come up with these licks? Your cannon legato string skipping lick seemed like a pattern to me but some of you tapped string skipping licks seem based on arpeggios. Just wondering what you are thinking when you come up with these licks. I know this is kind of vague but any insight would be cool. Thanks for the cool lessons and I hope I can post a take on some of these soon. I am working on 3 of your lessons at the moment. biggrin.gif

Monte

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 23 2009, 12:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Monte. smile.gif

Skipping, well yeah, sometimes I play patterns on different strings,
sometimes I repeat same lick through few octaves
or playing arpeggio.
Idea with string skipping is to get more distance between certain notes, more or less.
There are patterns pretty often use in skipping such as 3np string stuff
when you just play regular one position scale but you're skipping here and there.
And there are those intelligent stuff like repeated patterns through octaves or arpeggios.
But no matter what is it, skipping is just a tool for execution,
that's how I see it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 23 2009, 12:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 23 2009, 12:12 PM) *
Hi Monte. smile.gif

Skipping, well yeah, sometimes I play patterns on different strings,
sometimes I repeat same lick through few octaves
or playing arpeggio.
Idea with string skipping is to get more distance between certain notes, more or less.
There are patterns pretty often use in skipping such as 3np string stuff
when you just play regular one position scale but you're skipping here and there.
And there are those intelligent stuff like repeated patterns through octaves or arpeggios.
But no matter what is it, skipping is just a tool for execution,
that's how I see it.

Thanks for the answer Muris. String skipping is another technique, like hybrid, that I never worked on at all until I came to GMC. I love your fusion Jam. I am hoping I can post a take on it in awhile. Hopefully my picking chops will start to develop and I won't have to resort to legato. Thanks for the awesome lessons Muris!! You'll never know how much they have helped me. These last 5 months on GMC have been more productive for me than the last 10 years. Thanks!!

Monte

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 23 2009, 12:24 PM
Instructor
I'm very glad to hear Monte,
progress is weird thing indeed, we run in circles for years
and then suddenly everything shifts into 5th gear. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:33 PM