Been Playin For 2 Weeks Now
gangkahn
Apr 30 2008, 09:24 AM
GMC:er
glad to say this site i think is paying off just learned how to play the beginner rock solo, and can play it relatively as good as the way trond plays it, and i would say i've got all the beginner guitar lessons down, any suggestions of where to go next? been practicing about 3 or 4 hours a day so i hope im progressing at a good pace.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 30 2008, 10:34 AM
Instructor
I suggest that you search the lessons. You have the search feature on the right so you can choose whatever is what you want like : pentatonic, heavy, tapping, wah etc..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 30 2008, 11:09 AM
Lets go fishing!
+ 1 with Ivan.

Feel free to choose any techniques you wish to develop. At this stage I would recommend developing and expanding on Pentatonic skills, I know Ivan has some pretty cool ones and kris's work well for me when i joined up smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 30 2008, 11:13 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
do you know how to use the pentatonic, once you've learned that you can have a lot of fun jamming with your friends ect....

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 30 2008, 11:19 AM
Instructor
glad to hear that from you that you did many things here.you can start now with some blues lessons
you see my standard blues lesson for beginners its so easy to play with pentatonic scale

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 30 2008, 11:20 AM
Did you try Muris Beginner solo in D ?

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 30 2008, 01:09 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I would also suggest you pick a topic ( like the pentatonic scale for example) and dive into it, like this you learn another step and you can start to jam with friends.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
iainsteward
Apr 30 2008, 01:24 PM
I agree with Marcus and the rest of the guys, get a grip on the Pentatonic Scale and make sure you can play it all over the neck in different positions........ also you might want to start looking into the intermediate lessons, maybe not to play all the way through at full speed, but pick out licks from them and work on those to get you used to new technique's. I know Muris has some very good intermediate lesson's but what he calls Intermediate most of us call "Insane" haha so just look at the intermediate stuff, use the individual lick video's and pull out licks that are "doable" to you and work on them!!

I also learn a lot all the time from learning other people's music. For example Bard's Song by Blind Guardian helped me to work on my acoustic fingerpicking and enabled me to get better at it, theres a whole library here for you to search through and also with other people's music theres never an excuse to not learn, Im sure even Muris and the 2 Marcus' still learn something new everytime they pick up the guitar!!

Best of luck to you gangkhan!
Hope this helped!
Iain!!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 30 2008, 03:04 PM
The Dark Canuck
I agree with all of the above comments. The Pentatonic scale is very important so familiarzing yourself better with it would be a great next step. You may also want to check out some of the theory behind the scale.

Another suggestion I'd like to add is using the lesson planner on the main page. You should be able to set up a nice lesson routine from it. It's a great little feature. You can start at beginner or what ever skill level you like, pick the type of style ie acoustic, rock, shred etc and it will recommend lessons for you to try. Might be worth a look at least.

Good luck man and have fun smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 30 2008, 03:23 PM
I agree with everything above biggrin.gif If you've nailed Trond's Beginner solo you're off to a good start as it has a lot of very useful techniques throughout. Try and maybe practice some of the pentatonic lessons and also tapping maybe.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 30 2008, 04:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Pick a new technique that looks interesting and doable to you and go for it! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
gangkahn
Apr 30 2008, 11:43 PM
thanks for all the feedback i think i'll go try out those pantatonic lessons and see how i do

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 1 2008, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Check out my pentatonic series here

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 1 2008, 05:21 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Iain said something very true, no matter how good you are on guitar, there are ALWAYS new things you can learn.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 1 2008, 05:22 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Id love to hear some recordings!!

+Quote Post
zen
May 4 2008, 11:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Muris's alternate picking - Thirds smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gus
May 6 2008, 09:14 PM
I would recommend pentatonic workshop form Ivan as your next step. wink.gif

Just one thing: since you have been playing not for long you may not have realized yet how important is to stretch and warmup. Also with long practicing times (such as you said 3-4 hours) be sure to rest a little every hour or so.
This is an excerpt from my student instructor lesson:

" Be sure to stretch and warm up before doing that. Otherwise you will get hurt sad.gif and also will not be able to play it at all. (I myself can't do this section without proper warmup)

Here is the sequence I make.
http://www.handmades.com.br/images/stories...omusculares.pdf (go to page 4 and follow from step 1)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-marcus-siepen/

I don't know any similar material for stretching in English, but maybe you can be able to do it with the link I provided. "10 segundos" means 10 seconds, "10 vezes" means 10 times. For the finger rotation part you should do 5 times in each direction (for each finger including thumb).
Remember that if you feel pain while stretching you are doing it too hard... "

This post has been edited by Gus: May 6 2008, 09:14 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:15 PM