2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Best Opeth, What is your favorte Opeth album/ songs
Fullmetal_Tmd
May 28 2008, 04:20 AM
GMC:er
Blackwater Park and My Arms, Your Hearse
two albums that literally make me want to cry.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff0803
May 28 2008, 07:25 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 27 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Pre Muppet biggrin.gif

I mean that arse. Whatever he is called. That big girl from Porcupine Tree? tongue.gif He does my head in. It's bad enough he has to create songs but to ruin another band is taking things too far. Opeth were supposed to be heavy like before he came in doing the mixing and whatever. I used to be a huge Opeth fan. Now I just don't like them sad.gif Is the new album heavier again or not. I heard that silly fool had nothing to do with this album.

If your talking about Steven Wilson he is a genius in my opinion and I think he only had a positive effect on the Opeth sound. If you think the bands not as heavy as before he got involved check out the song Wreath. They played that at Progressive Nation when I saw them and it nearly had alot of the dream theater fans crying because they couldnt handle it haha. It was actually pretty amusing. There were a bunch of old farts that came to here some progressive rock and they were getting their faces blasted off by some brutal death metal, the terrified expressions were priceless laugh.gif

Oh and Mark, I actually stole the sig from someone on the ultimatemetal.com opeth forum so its only fair I let you steel it from me, but theres some other really cool ones on there you should check out first if you want an opeth sig

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 28 2008, 07:37 AM
Instructor
Ghost Reveries is a great album, for sure, and the song Deliverance is pretty cool too !!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2008, 04:54 AM
Instructor
My favourite one is Damnation. However I like the more extreme stuff a lot too...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 29 2008, 11:40 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 27 2008, 10:19 AM) *
Pre Muppet biggrin.gif

I mean that arse. Whatever he is called. That big girl from Porcupine Tree? tongue.gif He does my head in. It's bad enough he has to create songs but to ruin another band is taking things too far. Opeth were supposed to be heavy like before he came in doing the mixing and whatever. I used to be a huge Opeth fan. Now I just don't like them sad.gif Is the new album heavier again or not. I heard that silly fool had nothing to do with this album.

heh everyone is intitlled to their opinion tongue.gif on the other hand im a fiend for Porcupine Tree, so when Opeth began mixing chill with heavy and still managed to keep everything evil i was absolutly impressed smile.gif their aren't too many chill/evil bands around.. (if their are id like some names please). Opeths ability to mix heavy and soft music is one of the things i love about opeth, because its just not found in other bands, the great conjeration is an awsome example of this.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 29 2008, 11:43 AM
Porcupine Tree drive me insane lol. I'm forced to cover one of their songs and it sends me to sleep it is that dull. I think the song is called Shallow? Possibly that or something similar. Opeth I really loved their first four albums and Blackwater Park was just about ok but after that they went seriously downhill. Ghost Reveries was a slight return.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 29 2008, 11:45 AM
Instructor
I own all of their albums, and I think each is just brilliant, but If I would have to pick my favourite I would go for Still Life.
Many beautiful songs and the concept is so wonderful and brilliantly planned.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
May 29 2008, 03:56 PM
Still Life or Blackwater Park. Or MAYH, or any other. Except Deliverance, it's the worst imo, but I still love it.

And, how can Steven Wilson have made Opeth softer when both of the heavy albuyms he produced were heavier than Still Life?

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 29 2008, 04:01 PM
Still Life was very dark and haunting though and still there style. After that album they went poor I thought. But that's my opinion. I hate Steven Wilson. Not everyone will I know but I do. I still listen to Opeth's first 4 albums however.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
PassionPlay
May 29 2008, 08:43 PM
The only Album i own with Opeth is Blackwater Park and i think it is awesome !
I like A funeral portrait best atm smile.gif

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
May 29 2008, 09:34 PM
I saw them last night on Progressive Nation, and am gonna have to say, the new album is gonna be crazy! They played Heir Apparent, and it was better than any of the other songs they played to me, like The Baying of the Hounds, Wreath, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 29 2008, 09:41 PM
Opeth ftw ! I proudly wear my Opeth shirt at least once a week biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Mark.: May 29 2008, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 29 2008, 09:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mark. @ May 29 2008, 09:41 PM) *
Opeth ftw ! I proudly wear my Opeth shirt at least once a week biggrin.gif

Once a week!??!? I have it on me all the time, never been washed.. which isn't such a good thing biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 29 2008, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ May 29 2008, 10:42 PM) *
Once a week!??!? I have it on me all the time, never been washed.. which isn't such a good thing biggrin.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif if you take a week I mostly wear, my opeth shirt two days, my Joe satriani shirt two days and my "Two beer or not two beer" Shirt by "Shakesbeer" 2 days. And the 7th day well then I keep my pyjamas on xD

This post has been edited by Mark.: May 29 2008, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
May 29 2008, 11:41 PM
I was there also, great show wasnt it, my ears are still ringing lol. the set was amesome and mikael was so funny "I may vomit sometime during the show, and you can sell in on ebay for $200" lol Between the Buried and me was also awesome, and i was surprised how good Three was. it was kind of dumb when portnoy humped that ant though, lol you probbly saw me or heard me yelling, i yelled for forest of october, the moor, and moonlapse vertigo a bunch of times, and said a bunch of other stupid stuff, awesome show
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ May 29 2008, 04:34 PM) *
I saw them last night on Progressive Nation, and am gonna have to say, the new album is gonna be crazy! They played Heir Apparent, and it was better than any of the other songs they played to me, like The Baying of the Hounds, Wreath, etc.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:11 PM