International Guitar Foundation In Bath, Uk
bleak
Aug 9 2009, 11:48 PM
GMC:er
Just got back from a weeks guitar tuition in the international guitar foundation in Bath in the Uk.

Definatley an invaluable experience, got taught by some incredible players like John Wheatcroft (head of Guitar X school in London) and Martin Goulding (teaches in the Guitar Institute in London, Stu Hamm (bass player who tours with Joe satriani and Steve Vai) and one of my favourite guitarists Guthrie Govan who also played with his fusion band.. the ending gig was pretty cool also, my 'rock and beyond' class played Jazz rock fusion covers of Miles Davis' So What and Herbie Hancocks Watermelon man, with obviously loads of space for improvising between the heads of the pieces smile.gif

There were guys from all round the world there, was anyone from GMC down there? Would advise anyone to do that course next year

Had to throw in a pic of me, my mate and the master Guthrie Govan!
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 9 2009, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (bleak @ Aug 9 2009, 03:48 PM) *
Just got back from a weeks guitar tuition in the international guitar foundation in Bath in the Uk.

Definatley an invaluable experience, got taught by some incredible players like John Wheatcroft (head of Guitar X school in London) and Martin Goulding (teaches in the Guitar Institute in London, Stu Hamm (bass player who tours with Joe satriani and Steve Vai) and one of my favourite guitarists Guthrie Govan who also played with his fusion band.. the ending gig was pretty cool also, my 'rock and beyond' class played Jazz rock fusion covers of Miles Davis' So What and Herbie Hancocks Watermelon man, with obviously loads of space for improvising between the heads of the pieces smile.gif

There were guys from all round the world there, was anyone from GMC down there? Would advise anyone to do that course next year

Had to throw in a pic of me, my mate and the master Guthrie Govan!
Attached Image

Omg ! Govan ! Your too lucky man biggrin.gif Congrats on the nice trip!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
bleak
Aug 10 2009, 12:13 AM
He talked about a lot of interesting stuff, like his composing etc.. writing the intro to 'Waves', he had a dream about hearing an awesome piece of music woke up and knew how it was meant to sound and the basic idea, just had to fill some notes in.. and gets inspiration from bird calls while walking in the park and stuff haha. Obviously knew his theory in depth, and just knew the fretboard impeccably for some killer improv... he played all improv solos, even on a few tracks from his solo album that he demonstrated and they were all as impressive as the album solos, if not better!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 10 2009, 01:11 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Sounds lik a great trip smile.gif
Cool photo as well!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:30 PM