New Video - Barbarian
Ben Higgins
May 23 2015, 10:31 AM
Instructor
Here's the video to the title track of my latest album. Barbarian, which I find a fitting title to such a Neanderthal technophobe such as myself! biggrin.gif

The track is basically two distinct movements.. one classic metal shuffle and the other is almost Satriani territory before it goes for the grand finish.

A lot of the verse phrasing and much of the solo were improvised. When it came time to re-record my lines I decided that what I initially laid down fitted the mood so decided to leave it all alone.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 23 2015, 11:24 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great track Ben! Love the Satriani section, very cool mood change and vibe there.
This just proves that no good track should start without a shredding bass shot smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 23 2015, 12:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Killer song!!! I love this idea with classic rock and Satriani section. Fits perfectly smile.gif

BTW the relaxation from your right hand started to become an obsession and a goal for me. I always watch at your videos for many times trying to catch a moment of tension, an unnecessary big movement or...you know something "human" biggrin.gif All I see it's just a right hand perfect relaxed which makes the playing to look damn easy. Even your raking from 1:30 it's made so relaxed just from the wrist not using the whole arm. It's really awesome to watch at your playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 23 2015, 01:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 23 2015, 10:24 AM) *
This just proves that no good track should start without a shredding bass shot smile.gif

Haha, let the bass reign! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ May 23 2015, 11:27 AM) *
Killer song!!! I love this idea with classic rock and Satriani section. Fits perfectly smile.gif

BTW the relaxation from your right hand started to become an obsession and a goal for me. I always watch at your videos for many times trying to catch a moment of tension, an unnecessary big movement or...you know something "human" biggrin.gif All I see it's just a right hand perfect relaxed which makes the playing to look damn easy. Even your raking from 1:30 it's made so relaxed just from the wrist not using the whole arm. It's really awesome to watch at your playing smile.gif

I wish I always felt as relaxed as I look!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chris S.
May 23 2015, 05:16 PM
Learning Roadie
I was only able to watch about half of the video before my eyes started to melt...

Which sucks because I really wanted to see ALL of it!

All jokes aside - awesome tune and killer video man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 23 2015, 06:06 PM
GMC:er
KILLER TRACK! It deserves the official BEN SAVES THE UK seal of Approval!!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 23 2015, 06:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris S. @ May 23 2015, 04:16 PM) *
I was only able to watch about half of the video before my eyes started to melt...

Which sucks because I really wanted to see ALL of it!

All jokes aside - awesome tune and killer video man biggrin.gif

Oh........ dude..............you mean my music is responsible for the destruction of your sight?

I feel a lawsuit coming on and it would be well deserved too ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 23 2015, 05:06 PM) *
KILLER TRACK! It deserves the official BEN SAVES THE UK seal of Approval!!

Attached Image

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks man. Could you let my government know ? Maybe they'll reward me in some way biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
May 23 2015, 10:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
very cool vid smile.gif Its an awesome track and when that wah kicks in it gets awesomer!

your new album has the 'honour' of making it to one of the various CD 'mixtapes' I burn for the car, I dont do no apple ishuffle malarkey cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 23 2015, 10:31 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (bleez @ May 24 2015, 01:23 AM) *
that wah

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
May 24 2015, 12:08 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (WeePee @ May 23 2015, 10:31 PM) *

ph34r.gif

this guy gets it

smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 24 2015, 10:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 23 2015, 09:23 PM) *
very cool vid smile.gif Its an awesome track and when that wah kicks in it gets awesomer!

your new album has the 'honour' of making it to one of the various CD 'mixtapes' I burn for the car, I dont do no apple ishuffle malarkey cool.gif

Hehe that's so cool to hear - I hope it sounds good in the car!

QUOTE (WeePee @ May 23 2015, 09:31 PM) *

ph34r.gif

Sorry Kirk, I just can't handle that much wah - I don't have what it takes!

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 24 2015, 12:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Just bought it mate. Brilliant. Thank you.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 24 2015, 01:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 24 2015, 11:51 AM) *
Just bought it mate. Brilliant. Thank you.

Thank YOU - I hope you enjoy it!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:17 PM