Post-darius Video Chat Jam
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 3 2013, 01:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Last night in the video chat Darius talked about 3-note soloing amongst other things. I decided to try out some of what was talked about, so here's a little jam:

Rythm placement is all over the place though, but that just means there's something to work on. Would be boring if there wasn't, wouldn't it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 3 2013, 01:55 PM
Learning Tone Master

Hey Ben, you moved fast wink.gif
Sounds very cool. I really like it smile.gif I always said that Darek lessons are very useful and very, very inspiring for me and my style of playing, but apparently is the same thing in your case biggrin.gif

One question Ben, where is your beard? ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 3 2013, 01:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 3 2013, 02:55 PM) *
Hey Ben, you moved fast wink.gif
Sounds very cool. I really like it smile.gif I always said that Darek lessons are very useful and very, very inspiring for me and my style of playing, but apparently is the same thing in your case biggrin.gif

One question Ben, where is your beard? ohmy.gif

I woke up one morning and it was gone! I've heard rumours that it's on it's way back though laugh.gif

And thanks! You should try it out too. I know you've got a good sense of melody, so I'm sure you can do something with these couple of notes Darius was talking about smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 3 2013, 02:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 3 2013, 12:56 PM) *
I woke up one morning and it was gone! I've heard rumours that it's on it's way back though laugh.gif

And thanks! You should try it out too. I know you've got a good sense of melody, so I'm sure you can do something with these couple of notes Darius was talking about smile.gif

I will make something over this backing but until then, I must to finish 3 lesson for Rec section (until Darek to kill me) biggrin.gif But it's very hard that lessons and I try to play very good and the hard thing, I try to imitate the tone used for lessons. So ....I must spend some time only for make some similar tone.
In the rest of time I prepare a special improvisation (special for my instructor smile.gif ) with all things learned in all Darek's Vchat. All that "millions" type of bends, slide, different strength of pick, (very soft- very hard) and a combination between chords and some runs ( maybe this time I will be ready for some fast things). So..... I hope in this life to finish the improvisation laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 3 2013, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Great to see some of my information being usefull smile.gif That's the playing I really like Ben smile.gif Good work on those few notes! Hope to see more and Monica - Your "to do" list is growing in the fast tempo biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 3 2013, 07:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 3 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Monica - Your "to do" list is growing in the fast tempo biggrin.gif

Ha,ha,ha.....very subtle teacher biggrin.gif Not after a long time will come the day when I will start the list "made" wink.gif Of course, if your lesson wouldn't had those last 10 sec it was finished in that day (with a long time ago) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 3 2013, 09:04 PM
Instructor
ha ha ! Let's call it "surprise lick" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2013, 09:47 PM
Instructor
That's a very cool improvisation Ben! Your phrasing is very tasty and your tone very nice to hear. Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 4 2013, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Yes....Ben did a great job over this backing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2013, 01:29 PM
Instructor
Great job Ben smile.gif Got around things and managed to listen to it a bit and I liked it very much smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 5 2013, 01:36 PM
Instructor
So now it's quite we need to go to another "4 powerfull notes" in phrasing next chat! smile.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 5 2013, 05:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome playing as always Ben.

Hey I lost the backing track link, do you guys have it?

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 5 2013, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 5 2013, 04:43 PM) *
Hey I lost the backing track link, do you guys have it?

Here is the link for backing smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSA5ffftwdE

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Oct 5 2013, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 5 2013, 06:22 PM
Instructor
Thanks for help Monica..our post shredder biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 5 2013, 06:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 5 2013, 11:58 AM) *
Here is the link for backing smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSA5ffftwdE

Awseome, thanks Monica. I'll upload my improvisation in 2 minutes.

Had a problem with the audio, couldn't upload my improvisation. sad.gif

This post has been edited by coffeeman: Oct 5 2013, 06:27 PM

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
mad
Oct 7 2013, 10:14 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
ohmy.gif Great Job Cael! That's a cool backing - I'm going to watch that vid-chat recording and will play around with it, too.. . Your improvisation sounds really nice and inspiring man!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 7 2013, 12:31 PM
Instructor
Here the link to whole chat session if You have some free time to review mad smile.gif

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/39466083

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 7 2013, 10:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
I will try and do a few more of these, and I hope you will do more of these video chats. And perhaps there could be some post-video chat classes as well where people upload their takes, comments etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 8 2013, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Today we have second part of previous chat topic so come and join if You can )

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 8 2013, 10:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 8 2013, 11:29 AM) *
Today we have second part of previous chat topic so come and join if You can )

I absolutely will! I've got the whole day off today, so I'm renaming this from tuesday to guitarday!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:49 AM