2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Paintball!, Anyone played?
stratman33
Jul 30 2007, 04:01 AM
GMC:er
I went paintballing yesterday at this AWESOME course.It was pretty much what pro paintballers play on!I was at my friends b-day party.Got some pretty bad welts to... mellow.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 30 2007, 04:38 AM
Paintball is awesome.

My friends and I go quite a bit.

There's a place about 30minutes from here that has a full course set up in the woods and it rocks! It's pretty hilly and there's a stream through the middle.

They also have Speed Ball, have you tried that? Man that's intense!

I highly recommend playing in the winter time and dropping a few dollars on a painters suit. They are entirely white and quite deceptive. Also, camo for woods helps a lot too!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 04:46 AM
man, paintball rocks. I take my friends to my camp house like 30 mins from here and we play and we have alot of fun. I wish we had more places to play though, like AIB234 said, a place with a stream and more forest-environment would be awesome.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Stratman58
Jul 30 2007, 04:55 AM
We used to have a local field with 2 speedball courts (I come from a small town) which was an awesome place to play on...doesn't get much more intense than speedball! That field shut down one day for what seemed like no reason (maybe no money?). We now have a speedball field setup in a old dried creek that used to run through our town, its enough for some good saturday or sunday fun!

I use a Spider Rodeo marker with all the trimmings. CP 14" barrel, Compressed air tank etc...

--------------------
God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Jul 30 2007, 05:10 AM
we used to play in the forest near all our houses there was a pond in the middle and we buit a 2 story fort in on of the tree... in was pretty elaborate, th walls were made out of old car doors so we could shoot out the widows!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
TheGreatRaja
Jul 30 2007, 05:55 AM
heh I've been ballin for around 8 years now, everything from woods to the supair fields with astro turf (supair=the blow up bunkers/tournament format)

it's addictive as all hell so your piggy bank might want to watchout! =p

glad you enjoyed the amazing sport of paintball.

+Quote Post
AliMo
Jul 30 2007, 06:00 AM
I love paintballing! I only got a 98 custom but I'd rather spend my money on guitars then paintball guns : D There is a speedball(x ball) place closer than the outdoor place so I actually do that a lot more, and man is that crazy. If you like to paintball and haven't tried it then you should give it a try.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG4EX1 - Schecter Spitfire-6

Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 30W

Effects: PodXT Live

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Hungus
Jul 30 2007, 07:37 AM
I have only ever been paintballing once but to be honest I didnt enjoy it all that much. the range and accuracy on the weapons arnt that great and after a certain range they dont always break.

I love BB wars though. My oldest brother used to run a club up in christchurch and they got a section of the forest from the BB gun place up there and built 2 fortress with like trenchs and underground bunkers and shit so they could play capture the flag. The main problem was the fact that all the people in the club were rich buggers and spent lots of money getting the best guns and upgrading all the motors and springs so they hurt like hell and would easily make you bleed if you got hit on the bare skin...

btw whats speedball.... I thought it was a mix of heroin and cocain???

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 30 2007, 08:09 AM
I love paintball.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Jul 30 2007, 08:33 AM
Rock Instructor
i also go there tonight

i am going with 30 people today.\

and you made it sound even better

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 30 2007, 08:40 AM
Yea man I love paintball. Im not big on speed ball, me and my friends like to play scenario games. I love playing in the woods with a lot of people. It just gets your heart racing, you dont know if your gonna get hit.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 30 2007, 01:33 PM
@Hungus: Speedball is a very small quarters scenario version of Capture the Flag. Though, neither team usually captures the flag because you play in such a small boundaries area.

In a nut shell, there's is a starting point at each end of the speedball playing field (which is around a 50x50 foot area where I go to. Quite small, it's great!) where each player must place their hand on and when the whistle blows it's game on!

There's quite a bit of terrain or obstacles in the field beings is such close quarters and on a professional level, lots of players never stop firing at all. It's quite intense.

+Quote Post
Hungus
Jul 30 2007, 01:54 PM
Ah sweet thanks for telling me, I always thought it was drugs haha... sounds like alot of fun. must be pretty expensive though if you are firing that much considering the cost of paintballs...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 30 2007, 02:30 PM
Well, at the pro level, for sure...

Then again, I'm no where near pro and I certainly don't waste a few thousand rounds in a 4 minute game or less of Speedball smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 30 2007, 03:19 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ah paintball is pretty fun, i havent played it much lately, i usually play airsoft with some of my friends.

But the first time i went when i was like 11 or 12, i got shot right in the place where a guy would never wish to ever get shot.... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 30 2007, 04:06 PM
i love paintball. i got all my own equipment.

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 30 2007, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 30 2007, 09:19 AM) *
Ah paintball is pretty fun, i havent played it much lately, i usually play airsoft with some of my friends.

But the first time i went when i was like 11 or 12, i got shot right in the place where a guy would never wish to ever get shot.... sad.gif

Haha!

One of the first times I went I THOUGHT I got shot there.

It was really close and I had a nasty welt, as I'm sure you had worse, for a week or so that really hurt every time I walked. I'm really glad I didn't get shot there with this particular paintball though... it tore through my paint suit AND my pants underneath. I don't know how, as I've never seen that ever happen, but I'll count my blessings!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 30 2007, 10:35 PM
Uncreator that must have been something. I mean good soultaps leave you to the ground but paintball goin really fast must have been the most painful expirience a guy can have to his special part..... Walk it off isnt gonna work this time lol

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 31 2007, 04:13 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jul 30 2007, 02:40 AM) *
Yea man I love paintball. Im not big on speed ball, me and my friends like to play scenario games. I love playing in the woods with a lot of people. It just gets your heart racing, you dont know if your gonna get hit.

Same here, man. You never know when you're fixing to take one right in the back of the head. laugh.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 31 2007, 04:39 AM
Dang, i been tryin to sell my gun to get guitar stuff smile.gif lol

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:48 PM