Firebird
JVM
Jun 5 2007, 05:21 AM
Learning Roadie
I did a search and read a bit about the firebird, but I would like to know a little more about it. Obviously trying one out first hand will give me the best impression, but what do you all think of them? What kind of difference does the neck through make? How is the feel? Can you sit with one? Any other notes? I tend to like "different" guitars, and you don't see the ol' firebird too often. So in considering what my next guitar will be, I'm thinking about it. I like to play all kinds of music. My tele covers all the hard rock/rock and roll that I could want, but I really want something with humbuckers next.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 5 2007, 05:22 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
LoveJimboLove
Jun 5 2007, 11:13 AM
GMC:er
My only experience is with the Gibson Firebird. The main flaw with these guitar types is with balancing issues due to the large headstock and front wing and relative lack of weight at the back end. My Gibson didn't have this, but I'm pretty sure copies including any Epiphone editions will have this. I know Epiphone Thunderbird's are crippled by this.

Playing sitting down is fine due to the reverse body. They look awesome, play awesome, just make sure you strap it to you and check the weight and balance before purchasing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by LoveJimboLove: Jun 5 2007, 11:15 AM

--------------------
www.myspace.com/idkillyouformyself

Guitars:
Jackson RR1 Snow w/ black pin stripes
-Duncan

Jackson KE2 Emerald Green
-Duncan

Jackson Soloist SL1 Lightning sky
-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice
Marshall MS4 and Marshall AVTX 275

Gig
Marshall AVTX 112 412xA and 412xB

Pedals:
Marshall Guv'nor 2 and JH-1

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 5 2007, 12:14 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
For something different, also concider the Explorer, in my opinion the 500T pickup (in the Explorer) is a lot LOT phater.
I don't belive it's available in the Firebird.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 5 2007, 03:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Could you put a bigsby or something on the end to help balance the weight? tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:44 PM