1 Year At Gmc, Anniversary Thanks
Kizaze44
Jul 1 2008, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
So it's been about one year here at GMC and I want to thank Kristopher Dahl for inspiring me to join. I found GMC at a particularly rough time in my life and had many late-night hours to kill. I saw some amazing guitar playing and so many talented guitarists willing to share their secrets of shredding, which was always a mystery to me. Things have turned around for me personally, and I must give some credit to GMC and the wonderful, friendly, insightful, and supportive members who contribute to the forums for giving me something to look forward to each day.

What have I learned in a year? More than I had in the past fifteen. Seriously! Things I never dreamed I'd ever be able to play, but always wanted to "sound like that", and now can play almost flawlessly:

Evening Blues (Marcus)
Winding Roads (Marcus)
Advanced three level solo (Marcus)
Ivan's Delta Blues series
Lagrima (Tarrega lesson by Kosei)
Eruption by EVH (still not up to speed, but getting there!)

And the list goes on. A personal thanks to my favorite instructors, Kris, Marcus, Ivan, Muris, Walliman, and my newest fave, Carlos. And of course, all of the other instructors - each of whom taught me a few things this past year.

Goals for next year? Maybe try to tackle some of Muris' advanced lessons. And get my recording chops down so I can enter a student collab.

Thank you again, Kris, and to all my fine brethren here at GMC!

-Kizaze

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:01 PM