2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Sepultura, Arch Enemy, Lamb Of God Etc, Cover Lesson Request
zen
Dec 7 2009, 10:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I realize uploading cover lessons is extremely hard and takes a lot of time and effort.

But I just wanted to float an idea of maybe having a cover by any of the following bands in the future.... if there is enough interest, of course !!

Sepultura - Old stuff, maybe from Arise or chaos AD album
Arch Enemy
Lamb of God or Killswitch Engage
As I lay dying
Devildriver

Or anything in the respective similar genres would be awesome.. ph34r.gif

And if someone makes a lesson to cover "Megadeth - Tornado of Souls" , I will be forever thankful..

Lets hear some interest smile.gif

Zen

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by zen: Dec 7 2009, 10:05 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 7 2009, 10:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (zen @ Dec 7 2009, 10:03 AM) *
I realize uploading cover lessons is extremely hard and takes a lot of time and effort.

But I just wanted to float an idea of maybe having a cover by any of the following bands in the future.... if there is enough interest, of course !!

Sepultura - Old stuff, maybe from Arise or chaos AD album
Arch Enemy
Lamb of God or Killswitch Engage
As I lay dying
Devildriver

Or anything in the respective similar genres would be awesome.. ph34r.gif

And if someone makes a lesson to cover "Megadeth - Tornado of Souls" , I will be forever thankful..

Lets hear some interest smile.gif

Zen

Yeah I am all up for More Metal real song lessons!
Appearently it is difficult to do songs with the fretboard marker instead of just tabs so real song lessons are a lot more work for the instructor! Ofcourse we will appreciate their efforts!!!

I would really like to see a lesson on Tornado of Souls because I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT MARTY FRIEDMANNS PLAYING ON MY OWN laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 7 2009, 10:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 7 2009, 11:09 AM) *
Yeah I am all up for More Metal real song lessons!
Appearently it is difficult to do songs with the fretboard marker instead of just tabs so real song lessons are a lot more work for the instructor! Ofcourse we will appreciate their efforts!!!

I would really like to see a lesson on Tornado of Souls because I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT MARTY FRIEDMANNS PLAYING ON MY OWN laugh.gif

Ya man, I cant even begin to imagine the effort required to make lessons to cover entire songs .. Much respect to all the instructors..

And as for the solo of tornado, it is one of my FAV and i've heard so many versions of it and only a few people have actually covered it perfectly... that solo is just beautiful ... the entire song is actually brilliant smile.gif .. I wouldn't mind having a lesson only to cover the solo for that song, to be honest smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 7 2009, 05:06 PM
Instructor
Coincidentially I'm working on the Tornado of souls solo! It's one of my favorite solos of all time,

No tabs or fretboard graphics will be allowed but you can get the idea by watching the solo upclose and slowed down

smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Evil_Invader
Dec 7 2009, 06:02 PM
GMC:er
Schizophrenia/Beneath the Remains era Sepultura would be better!!!

--------------------
LIVE FOR STEEL - DIE FOR STEEL!!!

RIOTOR thrash/death metal hell

http://www.riotor.ca

http://www.myspace.com/riotor

Gear:

Ibanez S5470 sol
Bc Rich Warlock Nj

Framus Cobra v2
VHT Fatbottom p50e
Rocktron Xpression
Rocktron Midimate
DOD SR231 EQ
Boss NS-2

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 7 2009, 10:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 8 2009, 02:06 AM) *
Coincidentially I'm working on the Tornado of souls solo! It's one of my favorite solos of all time,

No tabs or fretboard graphics will be allowed but you can get the idea by watching the solo upclose and slowed down

smile.gif

You Sir, are a legend.. Looking forward to this..
ALthough i dont have all the techniques down to play this solo but always willing to learn slowly and in a few years time should be able to nail it down.. But have to set it as a goal .. the solo is THAT good in my opinion smile.gif Even after so many years, it still rocks. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Evil_Invader @ Dec 8 2009, 03:02 AM) *

True..Brutal albums bro .. but I thought about the mass popularity of the lesson in this board, so suggested something from their later career.. There are more chances that people have heard Arise/ChaosAD/Roots than Schizophrenia/Beneath the Remains. SPeaking of which "Inner Self" comes to mind rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Dec 7 2009, 10:38 PM

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 7 2009, 10:46 PM
Instructor
Those are really cool ideas! I'll work on extreme metal stuff! Maybe some Sepultura old stuff to honor the best Latino American metal band that we had!... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 8 2009, 04:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Evil_Invader @ Dec 7 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Indeed!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 15 2009, 11:26 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I recently discovered Arch Enemy and bought their latest Live-Album. Awesome band, very beautiful double leads and screaming and growling woman on the mic. Would make a funny singing lesson for sure!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 15 2009, 01:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 15 2009, 09:26 PM) *
I recently discovered Arch Enemy and bought their latest Live-Album. Awesome band, very beautiful double leads and screaming and growling woman on the mic. Would make a funny singing lesson for sure!

"funny" singing lesson?
Mate, she puts a lot of good male vocalists to shame.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Dec 15 2009, 01:58 PM

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
A.C. Dega
Dec 15 2009, 04:14 PM
ONE way to easily produce a cover lesson, if you know the song already is to download the program "guitar pro 5" once you have it installed search for the tab at ultimate guitar dot com and down load the "Guitar Pro" File. It will import it into your "Guitar pro 5" and then you don't have to go through hours of tabbing. Give it a try. It can even play the tab back to you in midi sound so you can hear what's correct. its awesome.

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 22 2009, 12:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Oh for the love of metal ... bump bump bump !!
I'm now beginning to wonder if there are many sepultura, arch enemy, lamb of god, killswitch engage fans on GMC. sad.gif

Daniel : Hope you havent forgotten the tornado request wink.gif

Gabriel : You got the right idea .. Please honor sepultoooooooooora .. it is a must must !! cool.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DenisN
Dec 22 2009, 02:18 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (zen @ Dec 22 2009, 12:41 PM) *
Oh for the love of metal ... bump bump bump !!
I'm now beginning to wonder if there are many sepultura, arch enemy, lamb of god, killswitch engage fans on GMC. sad.gif

Daniel : Hope you havent forgotten the tornado request wink.gif

Gabriel : You got the right idea .. Please honor sepultoooooooooora .. it is a must must !! cool.gif

Here they are! biggrin.gif These lessons would be great. And Daniel, for the tornado of souls solo, the beer is on me! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 22 2009, 04:21 PM
Instructor
The tornado of souls lesson is coming guys. And I agree that Sepultura must be here! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
dark dude
Dec 22 2009, 06:17 PM
Awesome!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Shime
Dec 27 2009, 04:39 PM
More metal fans over here! smile.gif

Yeah, can't get enough of good metal covers. Some Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage would be nice because of the peculiar rhythm patterns. And Trivium anyone? But the list of good classic and modern metal tracks is endless!

\m/

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 28 2009, 01:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
DANIEL... .... YOU NAILED IT BRO ..... PLEASE PLEASE TEACH US !!! smile.gif

p.s - cant believe i missed this ..

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 28 2009, 10:45 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Wow, Awesome Daniel!! You even made it look easy while standing tongue.gif That's tough tongue.gif very nice wink.gif Don't you have any trouble playing while standing? It always makes things a lot harder for me tongue.gif

fretboard graphics aren't aloud either? Well...Ultimate-Guitar link for gp5 file wink.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Dec 28 2009, 10:45 AM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
dark dude
Dec 28 2009, 03:03 PM
Just looked up some other vids on your youtube channel.. the Ibanez competition entry and the Dimebag tribute are a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 28 2009, 05:03 PM
Instructor
Thanks very much Dark dude!

QUOTE (zen @ Dec 28 2009, 01:26 AM) *
DANIEL... .... YOU NAILED IT BRO ..... PLEASE PLEASE TEACH US !!! smile.gif

p.s - cant believe i missed this ..

I finished the lesson for this solo! it will be up soon! biggrin.gif I hope it helps you nail it as well!

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Dec 28 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Wow, Awesome Daniel!! You even made it look easy while standing tongue.gif That's tough tongue.gif very nice wink.gif Don't you have any trouble playing while standing? It always makes things a lot harder for me tongue.gif

it is a little harder for me as well. That's why I practice it. I don't want to not be able to play some difficult part on stage.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:58 PM