How To Use 'rock Discipline' Dvd?
leonard478
Mar 30 2015, 12:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
Greetings, just curious how i would go about tackling this 2 hour monster DVD to make it most efficient for me smile.gif thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 30 2015, 08:31 AM
GMC Founder
If you have never practiced chops before - this DVD can give you a good foundation.

If you have - then you should focus just as much on using those chops in real music, and writing real music. Fortunately this DVD does cover some of that as well.

It is one of the most common mistakes I see - people think they have to spend years and years of chops building before they are good enough to use the technique. But the reality is, that for every year you build your chops without seriously using it for music - you get further away from your goal. So I'd say the day you start working on chops, you should also start thinking about how you can use it in music. After all - in it's simplest form you just need to find a backing you like and see what you can come up with, using those exercises you have practicied with the metronome.

Sorry for the rant! Feel free to let us know more about your current level/ambitions and we can give you more concise advice! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2015, 03:12 PM
Instructor
We had a talk with a student yesterday that have some connection with Kris comment. Many guitarists forget that making music as well as any guitar technique like Sweep Picking, Legato or Tapping, requires practice. This practice is based on being able to apply the technique and theory concepts learnt into your own licks, riffs, ideas, songs. We need diary practice to be able to apply these stuff in real music situation in a smooth way. So I think that Kris's feedback is on spot here.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:55 PM