Trash Funk With Some Hardrock Riffing In 3/4
Staffy
Jul 12 2010, 11:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Oki, my bass-player originally plays a funk riff in 3/4 - time to me. Then I a took the groove and made some sort of song out of it.
The verse parts are still unfinished melody-wise, but the structure is all there. Because we are in a hurry for tomorrow some parts may not be so tight as desired. The lyrics are of course a dedication to my favourite woman of the world - Ms. Pfeiffer ofc. (for those wo didn't already know that. (but in fact, Ana Popovic is catching up!!! laugh.gif )

Anyway, here are the lyrics......

I've got money, i've got a job
Im just look like a filthy slob
You just dont know what I have got, for You
I'll do my best to make You happy, thats what Im gonna do

Im gonna treat ya like a queen
like the finest lady ever seen
I've got a pocket full of treat and tricks , for you

Sheesh , what a woman
Sheesh , oh she's hot

I had the hunger for You for Years
from the first movie where You appears
I've been obsessed by the way You look, its You

Sheesh , what a woman
Sheesh , oh she's hot

And feel free to comment !!!
//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Shees_v4b.mp3 ( 5.23MB ) Number of downloads: 161

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
The Uncreator
Jul 12 2010, 11:44 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Love it man, Very funky and I love how the bass line compliments your guitar. And the solo is wicked too, As always - great tone - great mix - great tune.

Cant wait to hear it with full vocals though, will be rocking even more then!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 13 2010, 12:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 13 2010, 12:44 AM) *
Love it man, Very funky and I love how the bass line compliments your guitar. And the solo is wicked too, As always - great tone - great mix - great tune.

Cant wait to hear it with full vocals though, will be rocking even more then!

Ooohhh, here we got the real problem. Although I have the melody and the lyrics, Im right now struggling with the right attitude to the vocals...... I really need a vocal producer, since its very hard to determine Your own singing - guitar is much easier, I guess I have to practice singing more than guitar playing in fact... tongue.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jul 13 2010, 03:54 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Sounds great man! Cool tune. cool.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 13 2010, 11:34 AM
Jazz Instructor
Staffy you're so industrious, you accomplished quite a alot in relatively short period of time.
This recording is again very good one, I would rather call this 6/8...

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 14 2010, 06:50 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jul 13 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Staffy you're so industrious, you accomplished quite a alot in relatively short period of time.
This recording is again very good one, I would rather call this 6/8...

Thx. Vasilije! I think thats because I've stopped playing for 12 years before I went back - I just have loads of ideas, I guess I could make some 20 more songs without any hazzle... tongue.gif

Hmm, 6/8 .... good question. I had been thinkin over this as well. But if You tap the slow tempo of the song, then You see that the snare drum goes over a 3-beat period and the accent is on the second beat... If it should be considered as 6/8 the accent would rather lies in-between the second and third beat imo. since 6/8 is mostly divided in two. .... just what I think....

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 14 2010, 09:33 PM
Instructor
Very nice song man, like it a lot smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:53 AM