2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Advertising On Gmc
Nighthawk1
Jul 12 2008, 12:11 PM
GMC:er
Hi GMC...
do you know that I find it somehow really surprising after all that there is NO ADVERTISING nowhere on GMC...I mean this is pretty commendable from Kris don' t you think? So I really appreciate this...
Considering that we are such a huge "Family" as we like to call us rolleyes.gif guitar music companies and all kind of advertising which affects our target audience should probably line up here and begging to advertise on GMC...
It has just become somehow clear to me that Kris could probably earn pretty much money for this but he doesn't do it and I really appreciate this Kris !!!
biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 12 2008, 12:14 PM
Instructor
Yeah,Kris idea is to keep it free of adds-on
even with knowing about money that GMC would earn with them,
thumbs up Kris,way to go! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 12 2008, 01:52 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Yes, the fact that members pay to join is a huge determiner of the quality of the community I think - other free sites that advertise fare a lot worse.

Of course, Kris could supplement the sites income with ads but has chosen not to - not least I think because they would annoy us all, and he is building this for the members and to be a cool place to hang out, not to maximise the money it generates!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 12 2008, 01:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
As a somewhat on/off topic question - if I may ask - how many paying members are there at GMC? smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Jul 12 2008, 01:55 PM
I never really thought of that. SWEET!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 12 2008, 01:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Site being ad free is a huge bonus!!! GMC just rules! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jul 12 2008, 02:09 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Kris loves us and he just wants to make us happy laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 12 2008, 02:10 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 12 2008, 08:55 AM) *
As a somewhat on/off topic question - if I may ask - how many paying members are there at GMC? smile.gif

Hard to say exactly ...
The forum reports:

We have 5.468 registered members

But a proportion of those will be members who have left.

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 12 2008, 02:22 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jul 12 2008, 03:09 PM) *
Kris loves us and he just wants to make us happy laugh.gif

Yeah, I am definetely convinced of that biggrin.gif Besides, a real artist is never striving for accumulating money !

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 12 2008, 02:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 12 2008, 03:10 PM) *
Hard to say exactly ...
The forum reports:

We have 5.468 registered members

But a proportion of those will be members who have left.

Yeah, exactly - besides that, it is possible being a member at the forum without being a member at "GMC" - right? Or is this incorrect. I know the two registrations are seperate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 12 2008, 02:59 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 12 2008, 02:31 PM) *
Yeah, exactly - besides that, it is possible being a member at the forum without being a member at "GMC" - right? Or is this incorrect. I know the two registrations are seperate.

Also many people sign up for the videos and not for the forum (not at first anyway) <<i think

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 12 2008, 03:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yeah it is really cool I'm sick of Circut City ads and wal-mart and crap. Its really cool to be able to do what you want to do on here without a bunch of pop-ups and stuff.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 12 2008, 03:15 PM
who needs ads when we have the GMC classifieds smile.gif we don't need big companies telling us what to buy when we have other members who could say.. oh this is what u need.. it just so happens im selling 1 biggrin.gif

lets continue to keep GMC Ad free smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2008, 03:16 PM
Instructor
yes, that's a very interesting thing. If we had Add ons and other things like that GMC would be slowler. A sum of things like this one makes GMC the best guitar site. GMC rules! cool.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 12 2008, 03:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have a firefox addons that removes ads anyway, but it's admirable that there's none of them here ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 12 2008, 04:56 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 12 2008, 09:31 AM) *

No, wrong - although they are separate, you can't register for the forum without first paying for the videos, although you can stay on the forum after your video fee expires.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 12 2008, 05:47 PM
Instructor
I agree, without adds, this site looks a lot more cleaner and independent. But I wouldn't mind if Kris puts adds, after all this is a company....

Aaahh too much talk, let's leave that to the management smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 12 2008, 05:47 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jul 12 2008, 06:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
If I were Kris, I would take any advertisement offer in a second. Don't forget that this is a company, and we members pay for GMC's services. Having sponsorships or advertisements from important guitar companies or whatever could also help GMC in terms of recognition, publicity, etc., therefore attracting more new members. And if the company makes more money, it can add more servers and improve its services even better.

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jul 12 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Yeah, I am definetely convinced of that biggrin.gif Besides, a real artist is never striving for accumulating money !

Name one. wink.gif

+Quote Post
black and white
Jul 12 2008, 06:11 PM
I would think that at some point, Kris would need to decide to either raise the price of being a member here, or start to consider whether to have ads to generate additional revenue.

How would people think if it cost more to join? I can tell you this, if the cost was more, I would still pay because I feel like you receive excessive value for the cost of membership. So, if prices had to increased, i would pay gladly.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 12 2008, 06:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 12 2008, 05:56 PM) *
No, wrong - although they are separate, you can't register for the forum without first paying for the videos, although you can stay on the forum after your video fee expires.

Cool. I see. And then there are members having paid more than once too - as I will have to in a couple of months smile.gif

So I geuss the forum number is a pretty good count on members etc. right?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:16 PM