Whats Next, Guitar Or Amp?
joshl
Aug 8 2008, 05:57 AM
GMC:er
Ive got now a Fender 15R amp and an Epiphone Sg Deluxe.

Is the next step a better amp, or should I get a new guitar, then in a few months, a new amp?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 8 2008, 06:28 AM
QUOTE (joshl @ Aug 8 2008, 06:57 AM) *
Ive got now a Fender 15R amp and an Epiphone Sg Deluxe.

Is the next step a better amp, or should I get a new guitar, then in a few months, a new amp?

AREN'T you going to tell us which you prefer the most first? lol.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 8 2008, 10:16 AM
If the guitar plays well get a new amp. If the amp suits your needs but you don't like the guitar get a new guitar. If you like both just stick to what you have and save up for something really good.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 8 2008, 10:49 AM
Instructor
I would get a new amp. Remeber that a good amp can make a mediocre guitar sound good but a good guitar can't make a mediocre amp sound good smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 8 2008, 10:58 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If your satisfied with that guitar you should get a new amp..If not get a new guitar...But if you have the money to buy them both in few months period than it really doesn't matter, and I would first go with a good guitar in that case.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 8 2008, 10:59 AM
Instructor
Tough one!
I would go for guitar first! Get a guitar you feel really comfortable on...
if you have that go for the amp!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 8 2008, 11:27 AM
Instructor
Ian is right, guitar is the most important thing IMO. It is crucial that you have a good instrument that you will feel comfortable with, and than save up for a decent amp.

DO you feel comfortable with you current guitar Epi SG? If you do, then buy a better amp. If you don't buy a better guitar.

Also what is your budget. If you wanna buy better guitar you will probably need more money to buy something really good, but you can buy a decent amp for 500-600$ already.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
inertia
Aug 8 2008, 07:50 PM
I think it partly depends on what you want to do, if you want an amp to gig with then get a new amp because you can surely gig with the Epiphone. However, if all you really want is a better practice amp, then I guess maybe it comes down to how much you want to spend right now. If you only have a few hundred maybe get a better practice amp, if you want to spend maybe over $1,000 you would be better off buying a guitar then spending that much on an amp just for practice. Plus also think about which one you like more, if you love your guitar get a new amp or vice versa.
There are a ton of nice practice amps both tube and solid state, the cubes, blackheart, orange tiny terror, the vox ad series, lot's to choose from smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 10 2008, 09:57 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
In doubt I would go for the guitar, this is what I have in my hands, and it has to feel god, not only sound good. If the guitar feels wrong than playing is no fun for me, so the guitar is more important to me than the amp.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:53 PM