Hours?
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 30 2007, 08:35 PM
GMC:er
hey, how many hours does everyone usually spend practicing a day? and how much time practicing each specific technique and such?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Jul 30 2007, 01:35 PM) *
hey, how many hours does everyone usually spend practicing a day? and how much time practicing each specific technique and such?

i usually spend at least 5 hours practicing. I dont seperate them into categories, i just practice what i feel like practicing.

Sometimes i get to practice 12 hours, but its very rare and only when im Highly motivated.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 30 2007, 08:51 PM
Instructor
Usually i practice like 5-6 hours! But two weeks now i just don't want to practice! I'm tired of everything and i practice maybe 2 hours a day. Mostly sweeping and alternate picking!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 08:56 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 30 2007, 01:51 PM) *
But two weeks now i just don't want to practice! I'm tired of everything...

why is that Pavel? ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 30 2007, 08:58 PM
everytime i dont feel like practicing i find a song i like and try to learn it, then i usually wanna shred for about 23 hours a day biggrin.gif

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

Equpiment

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 09:01 PM
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Jul 30 2007, 01:58 PM) *
everytime i dont feel like practicing i find a song i like and try to learn it, then i usually wanna shred for about 23 hours a day biggrin.gif

yeah, actually that works alot, and i do that very frequently. Im currently learning all the Orion solo's tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 30 2007, 09:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 30 2007, 09:56 PM) *
why is that Pavel? ohmy.gif

I am constantly sleepy, tired and just sick of doing anything! Also the weather here is WAY TOO HOT to live. So i guess it's the high temperature that's wasting me also. But as i said i still practice 2 hours each day until i get back to normal! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 30 2007, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 30 2007, 04:08 PM) *
I am constantly sleepy, tired and just sick of doing anything! Also the weather here is WAY TOO HOT to live. So i guess it's the high temperature that's wasting me also. But as i said i still practice 2 hours each day until i get back to normal! smile.gif

Staying up too late playing BF? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Spartan
Jul 30 2007, 09:15 PM
I practice each technique for about 3 hours a day
but play all day long

--------------------

Practicing Pavel's Alternate Picking Lesson 4 at: (16th notes triplets)

89BPM 101BPM 110BPM 122BPM <-----Goal
86BPM 98BPM 107BPM 119BPM
83BPM 95BPM 104BPM 116BPM
80BPM 92BPM 101BPM 113BPM
77BPM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 30 2007, 02:08 PM) *

i see. Weather can be very devastating. Hope you get back on track soon!

Staying up too late playing BF? laugh.gif

Lol!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif hmm, r u sure its the weather Pavel? tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 30 2007, 09:51 PM
Instructor
No BF2! I go to sleep at 01:00 every night! And sleep like 10 hours each day! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 30 2007, 09:59 PM
practising technique isn't fun. I usually just jam all day, trying to develop my technique while playing a solo. improvising doesn't get boring smile.gif

And, if my gf isn't here, I guess I practise about... all day ? prolly 8 hours or so.

+Quote Post
deWeLL
Jul 30 2007, 10:03 PM
until I signed here up I practiced 2-3 hours a day ... I prognosticate now it'll be 10 hours until I passed my exam on Friday ... then I'm about to crack the 24 hours biggrin.gif I have to get used to practice alternate picking while sleeping ... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 30 2007, 10:06 PM
Instructor
I'm recording almost every day for various artist,giving classes,playing live etc..
Is that practicing? smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (muris @ Jul 30 2007, 03:06 PM) *
I'm recording almost every day for various artist,giving classes,playing live etc..

imo it is!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 30 2007, 10:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 30 2007, 11:17 PM) *
imo it is!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Might be,but I'm still missing good sitting at home with guitar... sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 30 2007, 10:30 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Jul 30 2007, 08:35 PM) *

I wouldnt get to hung up on how many hours everyone is playing. You need to do what is rigt for YOU!! I would certainly recommend a few hours good solid practice! But i really do feel quality over quantity is the key. I currently practice alternate picking and sweeping also and im seeing good progress smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 30 2007, 10:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (muris @ Jul 30 2007, 11:06 PM) *

That's amazing! I hope to be doing same one day! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
atomix1337
Jul 30 2007, 10:48 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 30 2007, 10:30 PM) *
I wouldnt get to hung up on how many hours everyone is playing. You need to do what is rigt for YOU!! I would certainly recommend a few hours good solid practice! But i really do feel quality over quantity is the key. I currently practice alternate picking and sweeping also and im seeing good progress smile.gif

I agree 100% with the 'quality or quantity' idea. smile.gif
Yet sometimes i just goof off for 5 hours. ><

--------------------
Gear: Ibanez VBT700BK, Ibanez RG270 Custom Painted (JB/Jazz pups), Strat Knockoff, Marshall V8080, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss MT-2, Boss CH-1 Chorus, Korg AX1G MultiFX.

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 30 2007, 10:58 PM
yea, i usually stick to the excercises of like alternate picking, occasional sweep picking, thats what i really need work on smile.gif ive only been playing about 7 months, but ive been practicing alot biggrin.gif hopefully i can get as good as you guys, thanks for all ur advice!

--------------------

Equpiment

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:49 AM