Hand. Cannot. Erase
ChocolateThunda
Mar 9 2015, 02:42 PM
GMC:er
Can't believe there's not been a topic yet!

Have you guys heard this unbelievable masterpiece yet? I honestly say to myself whenever I hear something by Steven Wilson, ''how can he top this?''. I saw him last year on the Raven tour and was just utterly blown away. Genuinely didn't think it was possible for me to love a record more than The Raven That Refused to Sing, but here I am, in utter disbelief at how good this album is!!

Going to see him next Monday at the Queen's Hall in Edinburgh with the full band. Guthrie's solos in Ancestral and Regret #9 are sooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2015, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Steven Wilson is a genius and I love his music. I've heard this album and I love the concept, lyrics, melodies and arrangements. There is something related to the overall sound / production that doesn't totally convince me. I think that it's related to drum sound, acoustic guitars and also some other instruments sounds that makes things sound generic while the compositions are majestic. Regarding sound I prefer Insurgentes overall sound, but it can be just a matter of taste, what do you think?

by the way, this song is beautiful:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 9 2015, 03:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've honestly only listened to Steven Wilson in phases. There's years between I listen to anything by him. It's not that I don't like him or his work, but it just never seem to stick with me - bar a few songs here and there.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:49 AM