8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Pod Xt/x3 Q&a, Come here to ask about your POD XT/X3 related queries
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 27 2008, 12:51 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Its free ..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 27 2008, 12:55 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
yeah thanks man, i'm just installing it wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 3 2008, 03:03 AM
GMC:er
Hey,

I just got a pod x3 tonight and im completely lost.... any help would be appreciated

I have downloaded the gearbox and monkey...

When you plug it into your amp do you keep distortion on your amp or do you change it to clean channel?

Where are all the tones at on this thing? I cant really mess with it tonight, because i have my son this weekend, but im gonna need you to dummy it down to make things easier for me..

Thanks

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: May 3 2008, 03:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammer91
May 7 2008, 02:54 PM
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Dec 22 2007, 10:55 PM) *
Hi Munta, I just got a POD XTL but am having major difficulties using it. I cant even ge a single sound out of my amp. Can you please help me?

Heres the link to the thread:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry105489

Thanks

Ive been having the same problem since December. Cant get any of the POD's sound out of my amp, and if i do get some sound, it sounds extremely digital and no effects can be used, only dist can be heard. This is because my amp (VOX AD30VT) has no effects loop. So how do I solve this problem? Will one of those BOSS RC-2 effects loop pedal help or are they used for another purpose. I cant use headphones because the headphone output hole is that big as a guitar instrument cables projection, i cant use standard headphones. Is there any particular setting which i should use on my amp to get the POD's sound.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 7 2008, 04:37 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ May 3 2008, 04:03 AM) *
Hey,

I just got a pod x3 tonight and im completely lost.... any help would be appreciated

I have downloaded the gearbox and monkey...

When you plug it into your amp do you keep distortion on your amp or do you change it to clean channel?

Where are all the tones at on this thing? I cant really mess with it tonight, because i have my son this weekend, but im gonna need you to dummy it down to make things easier for me..

Thanks

when you plug it to your amp change it to clean channel and put treble bass mids and gain at the middle (5) so like this all the settings will depend on the pod
for tones well just open gearbox and click at any tone you like

QUOTE (jammer91 @ May 7 2008, 03:54 PM) *
Ive been having the same problem since December. Cant get any of the POD's sound out of my amp, and if i do get some sound, it sounds extremely digital and no effects can be used, only dist can be heard. This is because my amp (VOX AD30VT) has no effects loop. So how do I solve this problem? Will one of those BOSS RC-2 effects loop pedal help or are they used for another purpose. I cant use headphones because the headphone output hole is that big as a guitar instrument cables projection, i cant use standard headphones. Is there any particular setting which i should use on my amp to get the POD's sound.

as for headphones, you can buy a "cable" that transform the headphone output, it's really cheap

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Gus
May 7 2008, 04:50 PM
QUOTE (Zizi Top @ May 7 2008, 05:37 PM) *
when you plug it to your amp change it to clean channel and put treble bass mids and gain at the middle (5) so like this all the settings will depend on the pod

Just adding to that, in some amps, the setting 0(bass) , 10 (middle) , 0(treble) gives best results. Try both wink.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
May 9 2008, 03:22 AM
hey i just got a POD X3 live and i've used line6 monkey to update my drivers and stuff so everything is up to date except for my gearbox software. i'm using an older version that i got with my old toneport gx and everytime i go to line6's website to get the latest version 3.6 i click on download and it takes me to the agreement page like usual, i click on agree and download but nothing happens. does this happen to anyone else or just me? or is it that i have to buy the gearbox plug-in from the website first or else i cant get the updated version?

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 9 2008, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ May 9 2008, 03:22 AM) *
hey i just got a POD X3 live and i've used line6 monkey to update my drivers and stuff so everything is up to date except for my gearbox software. i'm using an older version that i got with my old toneport gx and everytime i go to line6's website to get the latest version 3.6 i click on download and it takes me to the agreement page like usual, i click on agree and download but nothing happens. does this happen to anyone else or just me? or is it that i have to buy the gearbox plug-in from the website first or else i cant get the updated version?

Try deleting gearbox from your computer and then downloading it from line 6..

--------------------

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
May 9 2008, 03:36 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ May 8 2008, 09:26 PM) *
Try deleting gearbox from your computer and then downloading it from line 6..

yeah i tried that and still the same. it wont let me download any of the older versions of gearbox either.

i think line6 is out to get me....

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 9 2008, 03:37 AM
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ May 9 2008, 03:36 AM) *
yeah i tried that and still the same. it wont let me download any of the older versions of gearbox either.

i think line6 is out to get me....

Have you registered your pod?

--------------------

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
May 9 2008, 03:42 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ May 8 2008, 09:37 PM) *
Have you registered your pod?

yeah i registered my POD and my toneport gx

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 9 2008, 03:55 AM
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ May 9 2008, 03:42 AM) *
yeah i registered my POD and my toneport gx

what about updating your current gearbox

try restarting your computer and then downloading it again

--------------------

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
May 9 2008, 04:12 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ May 8 2008, 09:55 PM) *
what about updating your current gearbox

try restarting your computer and then downloading it again

tried it and still nothing

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 9 2008, 04:19 AM
I dont know, bro.... try typing your problem on this support page

http://line6.com/support/index.jspa

Im new at this pod x3 thing too..

--------------------

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
May 9 2008, 05:07 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ May 8 2008, 10:19 PM) *
I dont know, bro.... try typing your problem on this support page

http://line6.com/support/index.jspa

Im new at this pod x3 thing too..

alright i posted my problem in the forum so hopefully some one can shed some light on my problem. thanks a lot for your help smile.gif

+Quote Post
muntahunta
May 12 2008, 02:47 PM
Learning Roadie
sorry for not being on here as much latly, i've got alot of things going on at the mo so i cant help people with their POD related problems. glad to see others are helping out alot too biggrin.gif

hope to be back soon.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
May 14 2008, 10:30 PM
I have now bumped into a problem sad.gif
When I plug my pod x3 into my computer i cant just play and sound comes out i have to record it first and then i can listen to the play back, this is pretty annoying because it is quite inconvenient, i tried a couple of recording programs and its the same. I am using the USB interface thing because it is supposed to work isnt it?
What im guessing is that the usb is only sending the sound over when the computer tells it I am now recording, can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks
Kevin

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 15 2008, 09:27 AM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ May 14 2008, 11:30 PM) *
I have now bumped into a problem sad.gif
When I plug my pod x3 into my computer i cant just play and sound comes out i have to record it first and then i can listen to the play back, this is pretty annoying because it is quite inconvenient, i tried a couple of recording programs and its the same. I am using the USB interface thing because it is supposed to work isnt it?
What im guessing is that the usb is only sending the sound over when the computer tells it I am now recording, can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks
Kevin

Either plug in headphones into the POD or go into Control Panel\Sound and select your appropriate output device. If it's set to POD all sound will be redirected through the POD and you won't hear anything unless you plug in headphones to the POD.
I don't remember for sure if you have to connect the POD to a Line In on your regular soundcard to get the sound through your computer.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Jun 26 2008, 05:29 AM
This may be a "dumb question" but I am saving up for a PodXt (either that or birthday present for next month.. yay biggrin.gif) but I'm not sure how it works live.

I want to use it for both recording and plugging into the amp. From what I have gathered, you need a computer nearby to use it live? Am I completely mistaken or am I going to have to carry a laptop around?

Also after I do plug the pod into the amp, will I be able to get the same sound from the pc from the amp. I use a Laney LV100.

This post has been edited by Enucleation: Jun 26 2008, 06:26 AM

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 8 2008, 09:24 PM
Can the POD X3 be plugged straight into studio monitors, while using the USB interface???

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:00 AM