A True Milestone For Humanity, We Have Just Left Our Solar System.
The Uncreator
Jun 20 2012, 12:17 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...llar-space.html

This, honestly, makes my heart endearingly warm. Voyager 1 is 11,000,000,000 from home and still going strong, and will until about 2020-2025. How most of the world will miss this is saddening, this brings a giant smile to my face, like so:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jun 20 2012, 12:25 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 19 2012, 11:17 PM) *
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...llar-space.html

This, honestly, makes my heart endearingly warm. Voyager 1 is 11,000,000,000 from home and still going strong, and will until about 2020-2025. How most of the world will miss this is saddening, this brings a giant smile to my face, like so:

I just think it sucks that Voyager 1 only has about a decade of life left. Then we will have to wait for some time before another space probe can be as useful. Unfortunately, we in the States have pretty much pulled out of the space race -- which is pitiful.

News of Voyager 1 leaving our solar system brings a smile to my face, like so:

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 20 2012, 04:24 AM
I wish Carl Sagan was around to see this.

Its unfortunate that we live in an anti-intellectual time. Because of media outlets like Fox News, scientists are ridiculed and buffoonery is touted as being a superior form of intellect. It really is a sad state of affairs we currently live in.

I'm sure Neil deGrasse Tyson is ecstatic though biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jun 20 2012, 05:01 AM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jun 20 2012, 03:24 AM) *
I wish Carl Sagan was around to see this.

Its unfortunate that we live in an anti-intellectual time. Because of media outlets like Fox News, scientists are ridiculed and buffoonery is touted as being a superior form of intellect. It really is a sad state of affairs we currently live in.

I'm sure Neil deGrasse Tyson is ecstatic though biggrin.gif

+1

NdGT is one of the only rays of light left in the world of Space exploration. He seems like a very affable human being.

You even get bonus points for capitalising the proper letters in his name laugh.gif

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor
I am thinking about going to see Prometheus smile.gif now that we're talking about this sort of stuff laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:14 PM