Need Some Help, "Visa från utanmyra"
Oxac
Nov 26 2008, 10:44 PM
GMC:er
Well, I have some trouble writing a good solo over this backingtrack. Any help or tips are appreciated.

It's in A min / A harmonic minor.

The backing is something like: Am|E7 G#dim7|Am|G G7/B|C Cmaj7/E|F G#dim7| (mostly).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Piano.mp3 ( 5.31MB ) Number of downloads: 202

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2008, 12:22 AM
Instructor
You can try combine some patterns and licks from those two scales, if you are familiar with them. If I would need to actually compose a solo on top of it I would play around with scales a bit until I find something interesting and them memorize it and go further. The good thing about minor/harmonic minor is that they differ in only one note and that is VII one.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Nov 27 2008, 12:24 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Oxac
Nov 27 2008, 12:37 AM
Yes, I know them. But not very familiar with the style and what fits. etc. Btw, what do you guys think of the piano sound? I'm very happy with it. I just found out how to connect my keyboard to my computer biggrin.gif

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Nov 27 2008, 12:45 AM
My tip would be to keep it simple, try to make it sound like it was Jan Johansson himself playing it, I don't thinka typical guitar solo can ever fit with that song, take some ideas from his playing maybe. I know it wasn't much help, but keep it simple.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Nov 29 2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the Ideas guys. Much appreciated. Any other tip I might find usefull? Any GMC lesson with focus on similar aspects?

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:19 PM