Decisions, Decisions, Decisions........, Buying more equipment (Maybe).....Need advice
Sabbz
Jan 20 2008, 05:07 PM
GMC:er
I have a slight problem......I paid off my Sam Ash card the other day and as such, I now have the means to invest in some more equipment and since there's a lot of stuff that I could really use, I don't know what to really get. But, since I'm not in a band, and it looks less and less likely that I'm going to join or start a band around here, I'm having a hard time justifying some possible purchases, such as:

1. New guitar? I'd love to get a new one......I've had my eye on the Dean Mustaine model V, but, since I'm not in a band, I don't need another guitar.

2. New Cabinet? I LOVE my 6505+ head, however I'm no huge fan of the 6505 cab. I did a no-no and didn't really research the cab when I bought it, and didn't realize that the speakers weren't what I was looking for, tone-wise. I like a lot of bottom end in my tone and those speakers are higher voiced than say, a Celestion Vintage 30. And it's an angled cab and I would really like a straight cab as it would compliment the lower tone I want. But again, no band and the chances of getting one going are bleak at best, so what would really be the point? But, at the same time, I can get a can for around $600 or so and sell the one I have for probably $300, so I could essentially pay half price for a good cab.

3. New speakers for the cab? That would only run me a little over $400, but how hard is it to rewire speakers in a cab? I've never done it and I know jack about electrical stuff.

4. Drum machine and recording rig? Lots of options here from analog and digital track recorders to software recording and drum samples.

Also, I've been thinking lately that since the whole band prospect isn't working out that it may be a good idea to sell the half stack and invest in a good 2x12 combo?

blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 20 2008, 05:39 PM
My vote is for recording stuffs so you can get in on the online collaborations here and then justify the rest of your purchases.

The Mustaine V is incredible though. O'course, my opinion is a bit biased (old mustaine V player tongue.gif). Seriously, the Live Wire pickup is incredible. I prefer it over my Evos even. The Mustaine D neck profile is fantastic. It's got enough girth to it when you're chording to give you something to hold on to, but when you switch to leads, it tapers away to offer a thinner profile. If you like the Schecter neck profile, I would think you would love the Mustaine profile as I view it as an improvement over that, course that's only having played a C1 Elite, Gryphon, and C1 HR.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 21 2008, 03:41 AM
Instructor
hmmm, tough one... If you need to record, buy some cheap gear for that for starters. I would go for the new speaker set, and some recording gear. This can always come in handy. If you have a good guitar, than this is probably the way. If you don't like your current guitar, buy better guitar. The guitar is the most important thing always.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 21 2008, 03:42 AM
I would say new guitar..

Alot more fun!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:44 AM