2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My new song! - Have a listen., Probably my best yet.
Why
Jan 18 2007, 05:05 AM
GMC:er
Alright, This one is based on all the things I've learnt from 101 and partly from the solo guitar lessons. I've been playing for about 1.5-2 years.

So the solo starts off with a generic riff, goes into a solo-riff in unison/harmonised, this repeats x2 and then in the end I've put in alot of speed picking and sweep picking, enjoy. The main solo starts at 2:53

Sorry, I'm not big on adding drums and bass, so it's all guitar, but I've tried to make it sound good failing that.

Here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...=post&id=61

or the rapidshare link below.

http://rapidshare.com/files/12157050/emptyroom.mp3

Tried adding it as an attachment, didn't work.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Why: Jan 19 2007, 05:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 18 2007, 05:46 AM
Any feedback? sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 18 2007, 06:52 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Why @ Jan 18 2007, 05:46 AM) *
Any feedback? sad.gif

I'd say great playing with lots of feeling! smile.gif

Sound is a bit blurry but I belive part of that is since it's all mono. I don't know much about mixing but try to pan one guitar a bit to the left and another other a bit to the right cool.gif

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 18 2007, 07:10 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 18 2007, 06:52 AM) *
I'd say great playing with lots of feeling! smile.gif

Sound is a bit blurry but I belive part of that is since it's all mono. I don't know much about mixing but try to pan one guitar a bit to the left and another other a bit to the right cool.gif

Anything I can improve + add to the shred solo at the end? or anywhere else? Thanks for the info! i'll try this panning stuff on my next recording

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 18 2007, 07:15 AM
Instructor
I wish the sound quality was a bit better but considering it is your first song - not bad at all!! Keep on rocking man!! Next time try to make rythm guitar a bit more quite - cause it is a background for your lead guitar, so lead guitar should be louder.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 18 2007, 07:16 AM
I hope you guys are listening to it all! tongue.gif! I spent alooot of time recording that last solo sad.gif

Pavel - Thanks! Yeah, I'm miccing my amp so that's the problem sad.gif

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 18 2007, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (Why @ Jan 18 2007, 06:16 AM) *
I hope you guys are listening to it all! tongue.gif! I spent alooot of time recording that last solo sad.gif

Nope - not listened - its on a file sharing server - forget it.
if you upload it here to GMC I will gladly listen - in fact I would consider it a honour.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 18 2007, 07:37 PM
Told you, I can't upload it here for some reason.

+Quote Post
Molgan
Jan 19 2007, 04:33 AM
The sound is a bit blurry, but man thats a great solo and the harmonizing is awsome! biggrin.gif

I love the part right before the solo, and its a very nice build up in the song too!

This post has been edited by Molgan: Jan 19 2007, 04:38 AM

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 19 2007, 08:10 AM
QUOTE (Molgan @ Jan 19 2007, 04:33 AM) *
The sound is a bit blurry, but man thats a great solo and the harmonizing is awsome! biggrin.gif

I love the part right before the solo, and its a very nice build up in the song too!

Thank you!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 19 2007, 05:21 PM
For those people who loathe filesharing sites,

This post has been edited by Why: Jan 19 2007, 05:22 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  emptyroom.mp3 ( 1.5MB ) Number of downloads: 1071

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 19 2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks for that - I got to listen at last.
It was difficult to tell too much from it because it was not the best recording, I think you already said that you had to do it poorly mic'd?
It seemed to me that there is too much distortion... I think huge distortion is OK if you can mute much more, I know thats really difficult to do, but IMO you should play with a much cleaner sound for recording, but that might just be me.
I cant comment too much on the playing otherwise as it was difficult to break through the background noise to hear it that well. Its clear though that you have put in lots of shred type practice to be able to play that fast.
Well done and thanks for sharing it.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Jan 23 2007, 02:43 AM
its a dirty recording, but hey, better than a lot of peoples firsts. It's clear enough to tell you can play, nice harmonizing solos! Actually, very nice song! And good chops too!
The ending was a bit cut off, was that intentional?

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 23 2007, 10:40 PM
It's not my first by the way. It's just a new song I made.

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 3 2007, 07:29 AM
I don't see what these guys are talking about with the blurriness. Sounds AWESOME! What did you use to record it? I don't see how people record it and it is so... unmistaky.

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Why
Feb 3 2007, 09:38 AM
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Feb 3 2007, 07:29 AM) *
I don't see what these guys are talking about with the blurriness. Sounds AWESOME! What did you use to record it? I don't see how people record it and it is so... unmistaky.

Thanks! AMP and Mic basically, no fancy equipment tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Why: Feb 3 2007, 09:38 AM

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 4 2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah, but what software did you use?

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Why
Feb 4 2007, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Feb 4 2007, 07:38 PM) *
Yeah, but what software did you use?

Steinberg Cubase

+Quote Post
Willster
Feb 9 2007, 06:03 AM
Awsome, I'm just 16 and to me that sounded pretty amazing. Especially considering I've been playing for about 1.5 years and arn't anywhere near as good, great work! I can tell you put a lot of effort into the song and your playing.

This post has been edited by Willster: Feb 9 2007, 06:04 AM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 9 2007, 03:37 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I just found this thread ... awesome song! I loved the harmonized lead, and the end solo rocks - if you've only been playing a couple of years you'd make a great poster child for GMC ;-)

Have you considered putting drums and bass to it? I think you have the makings of an awesome track there.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:17 AM