2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Happiest Place On Earth?
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2012, 04:03 AM
GMC:er
Just saw a study that said Norway, Finland, (Scandinavia basically) contains the happiest countries on earth in terms of Happiness in the overall population. Yup, the home of Various forms of Death, Black, Grind Metal are in fact Happy Happy places. American BTW is not even in the top 10.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-06...-united-nations

ANYONE LIVE IN FINLAND/NORWAY/SWEDEN/DENMARK?

If so, I"ve got to say I'm curious about all this. What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 12 2012, 09:23 AM
Learning Roadie
How did Ireland make no. 10 ?

No one is happy here, drunk maybe but a country full of complainers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 12 2012, 09:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
I went to Denmark when I was younger cause you could buy alcohol there when you where 15, that made me happy lol
And yeah also Finland doesnt belong to Scandinavia. It really very different language, culturewhise from sweden, denmark, norway. It was part of the old swedish empire once so it is connected to scandinavia

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Apr 12 2012, 09:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Apr 12 2012, 10:23 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
El Hombre is correct:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries

However, my mother's parents came from Sweden, so I was raised in that kind of culture(maybe that is why I love Black Metal so much?). I digress, I really do want to visit Norway. My plan is to end up moving to Norway and open an analog recording studio. This is of course, after I get famous and/or make a lot of money. cool.gif

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 12 2012, 10:53 AM
Instructor
That's weird, I read years ago that Scandinavia had one of the highest suicide rates ?

However, I am more inclined to believe that it is more likely to be happier there because the countries are just damn beautiful and the quality of life for the average population is higher than the rest of Europe. Plus, their governments seem to spend money on things which are actually useful and put back into the country. smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 12 2012, 09:23 AM) *
How did Ireland make no. 10 ?

No one is happy here, drunk maybe but a country full of complainers

Yeah and why is the UK even on the list at all ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 12 2012, 11:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
I live in Scania (south sweden) and close to the Danish border. And i must say danes are really good people and the country is very liberal and nice.
The region I live in once belonged to denmark and the language is a mix of swedish and danish you could say.
I wouldnt agree on what ben said about the goverment spending money on useful things though wink.gif

Nihilst1 open up a recording studio in scandinavia seems like a good idea, it seems very popular to record here. My big idol marco sfogli acutally was here and recorded some stuff and yesterday a saw a clip when muris varajic was in sweden and recorded something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2012, 12:16 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Romania is not on the 50th place even laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Apr 12 2012, 02:03 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 12 2012, 09:53 AM) *
That's weird, I read years ago that Scandinavia had one of the highest suicide rates ?

Yeah, Scandinavians are sure happy ,then they commit suicide smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 12 2012, 04:49 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Apr 12 2012, 02:03 PM) *
Yeah, Scandinavians are sure happy ,then they commit suicide smile.gif

The unhappy ones commit suicide, so only the happy ones were left when they took this poll.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 12 2012, 05:38 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 12 2012, 11:57 AM) *
And yeah also Finland doesnt belong to Scandinavia. It really very different language, culturewhise from sweden, denmark, norway. It was part of the old swedish empire once so it is connected to scandinavia

Well I'm used to say that We are also part of the Scandinavia. But like you said people from Norway, Sweden and maybe Danmark understand each other better because of the similar words and grammar. Our language in kinda mixture of Swedish words and something else from something like 1500th century tongue.gif And because as being part of Sweden we still have Swedish language as our second language. Although I really can't speak swedish so well. Jag måste vexla pengar i bank tongue.gif

But about the happiness I don't know. Okay we have lots of forests and lakes but still people complain. We also have quite high taxes. And that looong dark winter.
It's like Finns do what we're (government) told to do and afterwards we rage in drunk or in silence. (if you understand what I mean) We're so different from Spanish or Creek people who starts riots when they get pissed off. No offence of course wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 12 2012, 06:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 12 2012, 11:45 AM) *
I wouldnt agree on what ben said about the goverment spending money on useful things though wink.gif

Probably some slightly innacurate info I read a long time ago.. sounds like all governments are the same wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 12 2012, 06:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 12 2012, 10:53 AM) *
Yeah and why is the UK even on the list at all ? laugh.gif

LOL! totally. maybe the poll was taken 50 years ago coz its all doom and gloom now smile.gif although, If everyone around me was happy I'd get really suspicious huh.gif

Canada at number 5..... I was over there years ago and it was the most friendly place Ive ever been. Awesome country.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 12 2012, 06:45 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hm, Germany ranked 30th. That comes to no surprise given that fact that many germans complain about anything and everything. And we have to bail out one country after the other, this kinda makes us worried laugh.gif (just kidding)

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 12 2012, 09:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 12 2012, 05:45 PM) *
Hm, Germany ranked 30th. That comes to no surprise given that fact that many germans complain about anything and everything. And we have to bail out one country after the other, this kinda makes us worried laugh.gif (just kidding)

Actually true germany keeps europe togheter lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Apr 12 2012, 10:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
So I come from the happiest place on earth!

So why are we happy. We are quite free to choose how to live, and religion plays no huge role for average Danes.
We once had a great empire containing Norway and Greenland and even some colonies, but lost a lot to Sweden and Germany in wars, and bad rulers ruined us. So we are not great anymore. We pay more taxes than any one else, and have a long life working. But we have a relatively short work week of 37 hours compared to 40 in Sweden and with a lot of holidays I think.

I once heard, that we are happy, because we are not expecting too much. We don't live the American dream, we can be happy working the same job for 40 years, as long as we got friends and family, a nice royal family, good meals and the occational extraordinary dane, like athletes in tennis, badminton, cykling, swimming. And yes soccer, but we are not as great as we want to be, oddly here we always expect to much of a country with only 5.5 million people.

And we got a somewhat working social system, that takes care of the poor and sick.
Danes are unhealthy compared to other Scandinavians when it comes to smoking, drinking...
But we are happy because we can choose to kill ourselves like we want to rolleyes.gif

But with bans of smoking, and taxes on fat and sugar, this might change.

Do you ask if Danes are happy? They are quite content.
If you ask them if they could be happier? Off course they could, and they are unhappy with the government, weather, tv shows... but that is how we expect it to be

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Apr 12 2012, 10:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DevilsWolf
Apr 12 2012, 11:39 PM
So my country is 4th on the list. I disagree but I guess it has to do with the wealth overall and the freedom; "freedom" of speech, "freedom" to smoke pot and the sober mentality of most.

My experience is that it takes a lot of work to be happy around here.

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Apr 13 2012, 12:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
My country can't possibly be on these lists.

Perhaps if we did something like this we'd be happier.

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Apr 13 2012, 12:08 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 13 2012, 07:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 12 2012, 03:49 PM) *
The unhappy ones commit suicide, so only the happy ones were left when they took this poll.

+1 laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 13 2012, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Mates, I read about a place high up in the Himalayan mountains where people live past their hundred years and they grow old in a nice way, without being affected by diseases and all that. They process food in a very natural way, thus their bodies and minds are way healthier than ours. It's some sort of a hidden valley, but I have no clue how that place was called sad.gif

+Quote Post
Bossie
Apr 14 2012, 12:11 AM
Can't believe belgium ranks only 15..after all we have the best beers!! wink.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:01 AM