> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Les Paul Studio, pickups
orion6324
Mar 28 2008, 01:59 PM
GMC:er
hey there....i have the exact same guitar as you gabriel and recently changed the pick ups to SD distortions and i have to say i dont really care for them. and i noticed in some of your lessons you have the originals in yours and some lessons you have changed them. which do you prefer and have you changed the back to the originals?...just seems like your older lessons have black pick ups and new lessons have the originals which is why im asking if you changed them back...thx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2008, 04:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (orion6324 @ Mar 28 2008, 09:59 AM) *
hey there....i have the exact same guitar as you gabriel and recently changed the pick ups to SD distortions and i have to say i dont really care for them. and i noticed in some of your lessons you have the originals in yours and some lessons you have changed them. which do you prefer and have you changed the back to the originals?...just seems like your older lessons have black pick ups and new lessons have the originals which is why im asking if you changed them back...thx

I have never changed the original pick ups. I really like them. Maybe the different lights makes you think that it's a different pick ups.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 28 2008, 04:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah that happens, the chrome casing for them can make them look different colors all the time tongue.gif I really like the stock pups on mine too, I have the alnico V burstbucker pros, which comes on a lot of the standard models, but mine is the vintage mahogany. Not exactly sure why they put the 490r and t in the studio, and I haven't tried them myself, but hey gabe makes them sound great smile.gif If you want an upgrade though, try the burstbucker pros.

They're a little expensive though. I may consider changing the neck pickup to something less trebly sometime, though I kind of like it... it's got an almost telecaster like bite to it, but then again whenever I pick up another guitar it'll be a telecaster tongue.gif So I'll keep it in there for a while and then maybe switch out to something else if I haven't changed my mind.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 28 2008, 04:53 PM
Yea, my friend has a Gibby LP, it's got Burstbuckers and they sound great for any situation. I personally don't care for Seymour Duncan pickups, but Dimarzios are great and pretty cheap.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 28 2008, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 28 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Yeah that happens, the chrome casing for them can make them look different colors all the time tongue.gif I really like the stock pups on mine too, I have the alnico V burstbucker pros, which comes on a lot of the standard models, but mine is the vintage mahogany. Not exactly sure why they put the 490r and t in the studio, and I haven't tried them myself, but hey gabe makes them sound great smile.gif If you want an upgrade though, try the burstbucker pros.

They're a little expensive though. I may consider changing the neck pickup to something less trebly sometime, though I kind of like it... it's got an almost telecaster like bite to it, but then again whenever I pick up another guitar it'll be a telecaster tongue.gif So I'll keep it in there for a while and then maybe switch out to something else if I haven't changed my mind.

i have both. i would not say the burstbuckers are better or worse. just different. i like them both. i would say the burstbuckers are sweeter and more clear. 490/498 more variation in the pair, fuller on the neck, more harmonic band on the other pu.

+Quote Post
orion6324
Mar 29 2008, 12:32 AM
thx for the replies fellas....ya the SD pick ups are just to muddy for me....if i get my amp set up good and sounding great while playing my jackson and then pluggin in to the gibson it just sounds like shit muddy,noisy,shity..im changing them back to the originals

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2008, 01:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (orion6324 @ Mar 28 2008, 08:32 PM) *
thx for the replies fellas....ya the SD pick ups are just to muddy for me....if i get my amp set up good and sounding great while playing my jackson and then pluggin in to the gibson it just sounds like shit muddy,noisy,shity..im changing them back to the originals

great idea! I love the sound of the originals.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Narguile
Apr 5 2008, 04:13 PM
hey gabriel, i have a question for you. i recently bought my Gibson LesPaul Studio, just because i think it is a great guitar with a flawless sound ,but in your opinion ,what makes the Lespaul a better guitar from other brands like fender ,esp ,jackson, etc. I would really like to know your opinion such as everyone else's.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:55 AM