Ibanez [ 8 ] ** [17.39%]
PRS [ 22 ] ** [47.83%]
Schecter [ 16 ] ** [34.78%]
Total Votes: 46
Guests cannot vote 
TreyDeschamp
Apr 4 2009, 04:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So I am graduating and going to high school in about a month. I know its not that big of a deal but down here it is and my family thinks it is. I have been thinking alot because my mom said she would get me a new guitar. Here are my choices. Which do you think is better?

Also if you have any suggestions let me know I want a guitar for metal that isn't so expensive. In the range of 600-1000 dollars.

Paul Allender model PRS
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=514471

My seven string wet dream(Ibanez S7320)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=512509

Schecter C-1 classic
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=513072

Schecter C-1 ATX FR
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=515765

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by TreyDeschamp: Apr 4 2009, 04:41 PM

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 4 2009, 04:07 PM
Instructor
PRS looks cool to me. I don't like Ibanez since I first played it 20 years ago. The only model I liked was PGM 30

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 4 2009, 04:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ibanez is nasty ass guitar, 7 strings? I have enogh trouble with six!

Normally woud say the PRS but the schecter looks nice , though ive never played one.

IMO forget all three and buy a USA strat, probably the finest guitars ever made and probably always will be!

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Apr 4 2009, 04:19 PM
GMC:er
Schecter all the way, bro. Some people say that they can't get a good metal sound from the C1-classic, but I could. Also, people complain about the guitar's neck being too thick, but those are mainly people who played on Ibanezs for a long time tongue.gif.

If those things bother you, or if you really want a seven string, go for that Ibanez, but you're gonna have to switch out the pickups sooner or later.

The PRS is good, but like the Ibanez, its gonna need some pickup swapping.

But, if you want a seven string guitar that plays metal without the need for upgrading, then check out the Schecter C7 ATX. Its the best 7 string i've ever played.

Good luck on your hunt.

This post has been edited by Fullmetal_Tmd: Apr 4 2009, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 4 2009, 11:50 PM
you picked the worst ibanez...get a xiphos 7 string or prestige 7 string...te 7320 is utter poop....even though im ibanez biased.....its poooooppppppppppp

or find an MIJ 7420

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 5 2009, 12:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
Out of the guitars you mentioned: The Schecter Atx floyd rose

As Fullmetal said there is a 7string version with or without a floyd of the schecter atx

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
enforcer
Apr 5 2009, 01:41 AM
none try a fender or gibson smile.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Apr 5 2009, 03:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (enforcer @ Apr 4 2009, 07:41 PM) *
none try a fender or gibson smile.gif

I have two strats and a squier and all gibsons that I want are out of my price range.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 5 2009, 04:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
PRS, you can't go wrong with that choice. Great price also.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Apr 5 2009, 05:24 AM
I like Ibanez, but you have all good guitars here.

Although, I don't really think you can compare the PRS to the other two brands. They are different styles of guitars what have strong points in opposite categories. I depends what you want it for I guess.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 5 2009, 08:04 AM
I like the prs . Is has some realy unique look! And PRS´s are great guitars! Hope you´ll go for the right one. But as always try them out smile.gif

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 5 2009, 01:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
these are far better instruments than all of those mate, but it dpends if you value sound and substance over appearance.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=517222

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=517536

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Apr 5 2009, 01:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Of the ones you picked I would go with the c1 classic as I love the schecter necks but also it has genuine duncan pickups which will give you a much better sound.

The black jack looks to be a very nice guitar also but I dont think the sound will be as good as the classic due to the pickups.

In addition I cannot stress enough how much of a pain floyd rose's are to maintain:- i.e if you want to change tunings or string gauges or even just changing strings it all takes time I have had a few and after a while they seem to lose their tuning stability ( the knife edge tends to wear and then the trem settles at a different point giving either a flat or a sharp sound across all 6 strings {especially if it is a licensed floyd and not an original}so avoid).

TBH I have not played a single ibanez that I have liked and I have tried quite a few over the last couple of years mainly due to their neck profile and the fact that even the more expensive models feel somewhat fragile ( not badly made but not built to last?),but thats just my personal preference.

PRS are always quality instruments however the inlays on the Paul Allender model look horrible and tacky in the flesh, the tremonti and the se singlecut both look much nicer when seen up close.

As others have said there are several budget fender and gibson models available that are us made and will no doubt serve you better in the long run. For a meaty sound (which I think you are after as all of these have humbuckers) I would definitely recommend the les paul studio it is a fantastic guitar well made has a great sound and won't break the bank, I have had one for the last 4 years and it has never given me any problems.

Its definitely worth spending more on a guitar that you are 100% happy with than in six months time still wanting another, at one stage I bought a new guitar every six months and chopped and traded in the old ones and it just gets tiresome especially if your not spending a great deal of money on them and you end up spending more than you would have done on "The One" you really wanted in the first place.

Alex

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 5 2009, 01:38 PM
I love PRS guitars and I would choose the Allender model, but among those you listed the Schecter C-1 ATX Fr is the best one. I played many Schecters (and some PRSs) and you can't go wrong with the C1 series.

This post has been edited by berko: Apr 5 2009, 01:38 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 5 2009, 04:27 PM
Instructor
PRS got my vote, great guitars !

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 5 2009, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I can only say Ibanez because i havent tried any PRS or Schecter

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 5 2009, 04:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'd say PRS, because they're normaly very good tongue.gif I do think the Shecter C1 looks the best tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 5 2009, 04:33 PM
That shecter looks very cool in the blue and green - black finish

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Artemus
Apr 5 2009, 05:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Ok. From that list I picked PRS even though I'm an Ibanez owner. As has been said, there are better models than that 7-string although I've always liked the idea of the ZR trem.. but I'd much rather get a quality guitar like the Vigier Excaliber for a ball-bearing type floating trem. Anyway, the Prestige guitars are always better IMO as long as you change the pups.
I'd say look at some of the suggestions folks have made on here and try 'em out - see what fits smile.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 5 2009, 06:15 PM
QUOTE (sted @ Apr 5 2009, 02:00 PM) *
these are far better instruments than all of those mate, but it dpends if you value sound and substance over appearance.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=517222

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=517536

Ehm, I got something to say bout that:D
That SG Faded, seems better than it is. I've tried it and it isn't cool biggrin.gif It's alot cheaper, and you can notice it. Worse finishing, and stuff. Alot of people, including me actually prefer the Epiphone G-400 over the GIbson SG Faded Special. Just my point o view

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:55 AM