7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
The 'fusing The Genres' Collaboration, Time to get Electronic!
Taka Perry
Nov 22 2014, 06:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Wait for it....

HERE IT IS!!!!

Sorry for the massive delay everyone! I had a sudden influx of school assessment come in, so I finally was able to mix everything in yesterday. Anyway, I hope you're all as happy as I am with the result of this collaboration, and I'd just like to say thank you for participating, it was a truly great time putting together these videos smile.gif

Share this around! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rhida
Nov 22 2014, 07:01 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Congrats for putting all these great parts together.
And everyone had a spot to really shine here.
Excellent! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Huargo
Nov 22 2014, 11:17 AM
Tone Seeker
Yes!

Piel de gallina!!!!
Well done Taka. And well done to all the players!

thanks again Taka!

This post has been edited by huargo: Nov 22 2014, 11:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kiendop
Nov 22 2014, 01:07 PM
GMC:er
Very nice Taka, loved it rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 22 2014, 04:53 PM
Nice!!! this might be my fave collab ever! I love how you actually used everyone's long form solo ( or so it seemed) sometimes the solos get chopped in to such small sections that the flavor of the phrasing can get easily lost. Super job everyone especially TAKA! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Nov 22 2014, 01:22 AM) *
Wait for it....

HERE IT IS!!!!

Sorry for the massive delay everyone! I had a sudden influx of school assessment come in, so I finally was able to mix everything in yesterday. Anyway, I hope you're all as happy as I am with the result of this collaboration, and I'd just like to say thank you for participating, it was a truly great time putting together these videos smile.gif

Share this around! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2014, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Hey Taka! I loved it too! I think that everyone did a great job here and the backing had a lot to do with the inspiration I'm sure. Kris' contribution with the vocals sure added a special flavor! biggrin.gif

I agree with Todd, but sometimes, the resulted video would be too long and chances are that the whole concept and the musicality would be lost - I guess there's a mid ground that should be found?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 23 2014, 12:18 AM
GMC Founder
The more I listen to this the better it gets - you certainly hit the nail in terms of balancing musicality vs amount of musical content (as discussed it is tricky to make lots of notes/takes sound good, so typically we chop collabs up to make them as musical as possible).

So - very well done Taka. I also think you managed to improve the musicality of your own lines immensely comparing to the first version you showed us. I hope you can notice some improvement on your end? You definitely deserve it! smile.gif

I also think you did a great job fattening up my vocals, would you mind telling us how you mixed them and what plugins you used?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 23 2014, 08:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
Very nice Taka, congrats!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 22 2014, 03:53 PM) *
sometimes the solos get chopped in to such small sections that the flavor of the phrasing can get easily lost.
Todd

I'm totally agree with you but also I think that a very long mix can became boring (not for us, for the listeners) even all of the solos sounds amazing. I guess it must be find a balance, because if it's too short it sound like a teaser or too many takes overlapping can destroy the main idea and also the musicality.
Also let's be fair and honest, you can't use 5 notes from a take and 30 sec from other take without to upset somebody. You can have an amazing result if you do that but what is the solution to avoid this harsh choice? I can find plenty solutions but probably the idea for the final result differs from one person to another. For my personal taste, I want a good mix not very short, but made definitely to keep the musicality at a high level wink.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Nov 23 2014, 08:12 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 23 2014, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Monica is right - in respect to the content and the backing, there always has to be a balance in what regards the final mix - it's never easy to get everyone to be pleased, but musicality should be the leading factor in the decision making process of such a project. Tough one indeed, but hey, that's why we do them monthly, so that everyone who's in will often get a chance to shine out there!

As you know - the most important aspect is... participate biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Nov 23 2014, 10:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm really glad that you're all liking it as much as I do! I think everybody's solo fit in really nicely, and Kris' vocals gave the whole collaboration a really nice touch smile.gif
I think playing everybody's solo take in its entirety was good because it allows their musicial vision to come through unaltered smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 23 2014, 10:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great job Taka - I really enjoyed listening to this one (on repeat). I think everyone involved did an amazing job and the result is very musical. Congratulations to all of you! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Nov 24 2014, 12:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
Bravo! Nice playing everyone this turned out pretty good. I'm kicking myself for putting out that video but I was way over the time limit anyway.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2014, 03:00 AM
It's not easy to put something like this together and keep it sounding musical so very well done on that!!! Also you found a way to use longer takes and keep the phrasing in tact while keeping the overall musicality of the piece in tact. For that alone you should win some kind of award!! smile.gif

This is a great addition to our collab history here and I"m sure it will influence all the ones that follow. Well done Taka smile.gif

Toddd

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Nov 23 2014, 05:20 PM) *
I'm really glad that you're all liking it as much as I do! I think everybody's solo fit in really nicely, and Kris' vocals gave the whole collaboration a really nice touch smile.gif
I think playing everybody's solo take in its entirety was good because it allows their musicial vision to come through unaltered smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2014, 10:49 AM
Instructor
I want to congratulate Taka for the initiative once again smile.gif I think he did a great job and the fact that he took responsibility to work on such a demanding project, shows that he is well on his way of becoming a pro. Hats off, my friend!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Nov 26 2014, 06:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you for your kind words everyone! It was a pleasure to do this, and it was a great way to bring the community together smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
When will you begin the next one? smile.gif tongue.gif I super like your backing tracks - they have that electronic vibe which spices things up and makes the music more dreamy/ambiental!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Nov 28 2014, 04:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 27 2014, 05:51 PM) *
When will you begin the next one? smile.gif tongue.gif I super like your backing tracks - they have that electronic vibe which spices things up and makes the music more dreamy/ambiental!

Hopefully another one during my summer break! (Southern hemishpere) I have no school until February, so I'm planning to get a lot of stuff done through it smile.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2014, 08:24 AM
Instructor
Wow! Sounds good to me biggrin.gif To be honest, when I first read the word 'summer' I was thinking - 'Heheee, there's a long way till June next year' laugh.gif

Well, we'll be ready when the time comes smile.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:58 PM