2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Discouraged By Family Or Friends
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2014, 11:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 11 2014, 09:56 AM) *
I'm pretty curious about how things turned up - some folks aren't that eager to hear the truth told to their faces, ya know...

me too.. let's see if Spock comes here with some news.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
May 15 2014, 09:30 AM
GMC:er
I just now saw this.

Well, I had "The Talk" with him Monday.

I told him that it's not that I mind him being here, but that it's because I want to see him self-sufficient, and I felt that he was too comfortable in the current situation. That I didn't see him making strides forward.

I said I hoped that he found a place close by so that I could still help him if he needed a lift somewhere until he got a car, and my wife even got him an application to be the warehouse manager where she works (which he is way over-qualified for) to my knowledge he has still not filled that out.

Anyway, I said that I did not want to kick him out and make him homeless, but that I did think 3 months was plenty of time to have found a different, more stable living situation even if that was with a room mate - at least a room mate that actually wanted a room mate.

So he said that he felt he could find a place within the next 2 weeks; which I said was okay, but my plan was to charge him $100/week to stay for each upcoming week. After that for the next 4 weeks it would be $125/week, and if he still hasn't found a place in then it goes up to $150/week - which would be $600/month.

So, everything was fine, the talk was good and I'm glad I got it off my chest. I'll just wait and see what happens now. I figure that if the unfortunate time comes where he has been here for 6 months, I may have to tell him his time has come, and I am sorry, but he can not stay here another night - I will be glad to help him pack and take him to another friends that may let him stay for a week or so, but he can no longer buy time here with me and my wife - I hope it does not boil down to that.

I will continually remind him by asking if what is available and also looking myself and flooding his email with potential places for him, but I also know that if my rent goes up to $150/week, it would be less expensive for him to stay in local extended stay hotel.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: May 15 2014, 09:33 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2014, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Well done Spock. I think that your talk and plan sounds very reasonable. I hope that this really wakes up your friend and make him start to do something with his life. I also think that you must feel much more relieved now...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2014, 02:25 PM
Instructor
You definitely had the correct approach smile.gif Was there any other situation in which you had to handle a difficult discussion and managed to lead things to a great resolve?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 15 2014, 02:32 PM) *
Well done Spock. I think that your talk and plan sounds very reasonable. I hope that this really wakes up your friend and make him start to do something with his life. I also think that you must feel much more relieved now...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:28 AM