Theme in the style of Santana (acoustic) [ 2 ] ** [4.17%]
Sor op9 Part 2 [ 6 ] ** [12.50%]
El oriental (acoustic original song for beginers) [ 7 ] ** [14.58%]
Total Votes: 48
Guests cannot vote 
Gerardo Siere
Jan 15 2008, 09:55 PM
Instructor
Here I leave you some options cause I want to know your preferences.
Lesson will taka place sometime in Feb.
There is a song I composed long ago in the style of santana. (medium diff)
There´s this little song I also composed a lot of time ago (my first composition ever) called "el oriental" and is suited for beginers.
Or I continue with classical staff with Sor Op9 Part 2 (Advanced)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 15 2008, 09:58 PM
GMC:er
santana electric please!!! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 15 2008, 10:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I would love another tango lesson , but meanwhile I would like another Ferndano Sor.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 16 2008, 03:10 AM
Santana Electric smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Jan 16 2008, 04:49 AM
Acoustic Instructor
Variation on Mozart Theme biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 16 2008, 05:46 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Jan 16 2008, 03:10 PM) *
Santana Electric smile.gif

+1 Whoo!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 16 2008, 11:08 AM
Instructor
I always prefer to hear original works smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2008, 11:11 AM
GMC Founder
Gerardo - I just think you opened up for something new here, superb idea to let us vote for your next lesson topic! laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 16 2008, 11:13 AM
Yes, great Idea! I also would like more Santana. He's fantastic.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jan 16 2008, 01:44 PM
Instructor
For those interested in more tango stuff I think that later I will use some famous but usable melody (classical or anonimus ones) and change them into tango groove. I have in mind the main melody of Sueño (from Francisco Tarrega) but i had to check out first the rythm stuff.
Another thing I have tons of it are bossa nova but I ussualy play them some in the style of Joao Gilberto (like a samba slowed down) cause the only cd I got are from him.
I talked with several profesional tango players (the guys who played in orquestras or comping singers) and there are several groves like, milonga, tango milonga, de salon etc The problem is that you play them all mixed down in one song (you´re changing thr groove) to fit best the text or the spirit in any particular moment. Sor for the next tango stuf I will make or take easy melodies and focus on rythm stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 16 2008, 01:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
I voted Santana Electric !! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 16 2008, 02:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gerardo Siere @ Jan 16 2008, 07:44 AM) *
For those interested in more tango stuff I think that later I will use some famous but usable melody (classical or anonimus ones) and change them into tango groove. I have in mind the main melody of Sueño (from Francisco Tarrega) but i had to check out first the rythm stuff.
Another thing I have tons of it are bossa nova but I ussualy play them some in the style of Joao Gilberto (like a samba slowed down) cause the only cd I got are from him.
I talked with several profesional tango players (the guys who played in orquestras or comping singers) and there are several groves like, milonga, tango milonga, de salon etc The problem is that you play them all mixed down in one song (you´re changing thr groove) to fit best the text or the spirit in any particular moment. Sor for the next tango stuf I will make or take easy melodies and focus on rythm stuff.

A bossanova lesson would be awesome , I asked Ben Nissenblat a time ago for one and he made an awesome job , but it would be nice to have another view. Here is the link to Bens Lesson.

Gracias Gerardo.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
Jan 17 2008, 04:55 AM
Classical Instructor
Another vote for Bossa Nova in style of Joao Gilberto!

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jan 17 2008, 08:52 PM
Instructor
Ok I forgot something, I´ll close the pool on Jan 28....and start working on the lesson inmediately. You can post your preferences here anyway even if it is not listed in the pool. For next time I´ll try to post some record preview (I´m not at home till jan 26). Thank everyone for your usefull opinions and preferences, and hope the lesson I make is worthy of all of you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jan 29 2008, 11:13 AM
Instructor
Well we have a winner Santana Electric for every body.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:03 AM