Noise Rock Recomendaton
VinceG
May 6 2008, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
Its that time again when I am stuck in the rut, and want to find bands who are not in my forte at all. So lately, Boris had been my obsession, and I've come to really like there noisy garage rock sound as is heard in the song Death Valley. I know a few that can do it as well, but I want more bands in the same league. I know Melvins, Boris, and Sonic Youth oh yea and the Stooges, but I don't really fancy them.

So, recommend me some!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 7 2008, 05:20 AM
aww no one can help me sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
USAMAN
May 7 2008, 05:41 AM
only one that comes to mind is ....MISFITS!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 7 2008, 05:58 AM
nah, Misfits doesn't really what I wanted. I own a few of there albums, but its not what Im looking for. Thanks though.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 7 2008, 08:20 AM
You didn't mention Mudhoney or The Pixies. I'm shocked. Although you mentioned bands that aren't noise rock and are classed as sludge/doom rock. But here are a few songs in Noise Rock

Mudhoney - In N' Out Of Grace
Mudhoney - Hate The Police
Pixies - Planet Of Sound
Pavement - Old To Begin

Maybe try Earth if you want something like Sludge/Doom Rock

Check out these on You Tube. Also the first Offspring album. Kill the President and Beheaded are great tracks.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: May 7 2008, 08:30 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:01 AM