Earmaster Pro
Pio Jr.
Jun 19 2008, 10:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC amigos,

I found some software for eartreaning on the internet. Earmaster PRO 5.

Anyone on GMC uses earmaster? What to you think about it: Is it worth the money and does it improve your skills?
I consider to buy it. I am trying the demo version now?

Thx Pio Jr. rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitartonemaster.com - +2500 free guitar jam- & backing tracks -
All styles (Blues, Rock, Metal, Ballad, Reggae, Jazz, Acoustic, Funk,...) -
Backing Tracks: Top 10 Backing Tracks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 19 2008, 10:03 AM
GMC:er
I never understood these ear trainer programs. Surely you can train your ears without paying money. Or am I wrong?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 19 2008, 10:25 AM
Lets go fishing!
Ive never used it, its probably a good tool by the looks of things. I purchased a fretboard trainer package last year, which although very different was a good peice of software (just ALOT of hard work laugh.gif laugh.gif )

Its worth keeping in mind alot of these trainer type software do take alot of time to get the benifit smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 19 2008, 10:43 AM
Get to da Chopper!
I used to use Earmaster Pro but stopped a while ago, not sure why though. It gets my stamp of approval- its a great program! The results you get from it wil be equal to the amount of time and effort you put into it thats for sure.

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 19 2008, 12:02 PM
Earmaster Pro is probably the best ear training program out there. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 19 2008, 12:05 PM
Instructor
Never tried it, or any other ear-training tools for that matter. I've always been a bit sceptical to it.
But it seems to get getting good reviews, so it might be worth a try.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Alberto Catasso
Jun 19 2008, 12:08 PM
Instructor
Ear Master Pro is fantastic because you can built your exercise and improve yourself step by step!
It' s too important to have a good musical hear!
Good job man!
Alberto

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile.

I learn to dream and I will!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 19 2008, 07:50 PM
I have it and I really like it.

I'll be the first to admit I don't have a lot of discipline and ambition to work on my ear so having a program that grows questions at me is great.

I haven't had it too long but I can tell already that it works.

Because I'm a newb I've just been doing recognizes intervals (which one is greater) and it starts off very easy and then it gets much tougher.

There's a LOT more to the program I just haven't had time to explore it all yet.

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 19 2008, 11:02 PM
Instructor
It's the first time I hear about it!!
I must try!
Thanks for sharing!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Jun 21 2008, 11:57 AM
Learning Roadie
thx everybody. I think i gonna buy earmaster after my evaluation version.

--------------------
Guitartonemaster.com - +2500 free guitar jam- & backing tracks -
All styles (Blues, Rock, Metal, Ballad, Reggae, Jazz, Acoustic, Funk,...) -
Backing Tracks: Top 10 Backing Tracks

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jun 22 2008, 04:43 PM
It's one of the best and I have tried or bought most of them. It has the most depth and customisation ability, also great graphic.
Highly recommended.

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:56 AM