Help
carminemarotta
Aug 9 2010, 01:50 PM
GMC:er
Hi,
my monthly subscription is going to expire, but I will renew it. However I have a small problem with the site. Private lessons, MTP, collaboration. I find these a bit confusing I do not understand what they are and what they offer. Can someone help me, please? What does the site offer apart from the lessons?

Thanks in advance
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Vaidya
Aug 9 2010, 02:03 PM
Learning Roadie
MTP is the Mentored Training Program.
Not entirely sure but this is my understanding of it.In this program there are beginners,intermediates and instructors.The intermediate level players help out beginners and they in turn are trained by instructors.
MTP is supposed to end this month.It is being replaced by Private Lessons (1on1 lessons with instructor)
Check out this link for more info

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Aug 9 2010, 05:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Aug 9 2010, 05:50 AM) *
Hi,
my monthly subscription is going to expire, but I will renew it. However I have a small problem with the site. Private lessons, MTP, collaboration. I find these a bit confusing I do not understand what they are and what they offer. Can someone help me, please? What does the site offer apart from the lessons?

Thanks in advance
Carmine

1. Private Lessons - are online lessons with an instructor that is tailored to you specifically. In this program, you pay for an instructor's time who helps you come up with a lesson plan, exercises and goals for you specifically.

2. MTP Program - this program is no longer available. It is replaced by the new Private Lessons program.

3. REC - this is basically a grading system - you video-record yourself doing one of the lessons from the Guitar Lessons area of the site, then upload your video of yourself playing to be reviewed and graded by instructors. It is purely for your own benefit and videos are submitted whenever you want to be critiqued - there is no deadline, it is entirely at your leisure.

4. Collaborations - these are instructor led activities for members that is another tool for you to use in learning how to come up with material for a backing track. in collaborations, an instructor posts a backing track, then members have a few weeks to record a solor, or some other accompanyment for that backing track. When the final date has come, the instructor will mix all of the submissions into a final recording, and give his/her critique of your submission. This is a great way to learn how to record, and a great way of getting honest feedback on your playing.

5. Online Video Chats - Several instructors have a lesson plan that they walk you thru via a video chat (see GMC CHAT at top of web-page). In these, an instructor will demonstrate a lesson plan as well as field questions and discuss any topics you want to discuss. I find these a very great feature of the monthly because you get lots of specific information spoken TO you and demonstrated via the video.

The REC, Video Chat, Collaborations as well as access to all of the instructional videos is part of your monthy fee. The Private Lessons is *in addition to* your monthly fee.

I think that is the crux of the benefits of the site. Someone please correct me if I've given any *mis-information*, but I think covers most of the benefits of this site.

Christian A.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Aug 9 2010, 05:53 PM
GMC:er
Thanks a lot Vaidya and Christian
much clear now

Carmine

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 9 2010, 08:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Aug 9 2010, 05:05 PM) *
1. Private Lessons - are online lessons with an instructor that is tailored to you specifically. In this program, you pay for an instructor's time who helps you come up with a lesson plan, exercises and goals for you specifically.

2. MTP Program - this program is no longer available. It is replaced by the new Private Lessons program.

3. REC - this is basically a grading system - you video-record yourself doing one of the lessons from the Guitar Lessons area of the site, then upload your video of yourself playing to be reviewed and graded by instructors. It is purely for your own benefit and videos are submitted whenever you want to be critiqued - there is no deadline, it is entirely at your leisure.

4. Collaborations - these are instructor led activities for members that is another tool for you to use in learning how to come up with material for a backing track. in collaborations, an instructor posts a backing track, then members have a few weeks to record a solor, or some other accompanyment for that backing track. When the final date has come, the instructor will mix all of the submissions into a final recording, and give his/her critique of your submission. This is a great way to learn how to record, and a great way of getting honest feedback on your playing.

5. Online Video Chats - Several instructors have a lesson plan that they walk you thru via a video chat (see GMC CHAT at top of web-page). In these, an instructor will demonstrate a lesson plan as well as field questions and discuss any topics you want to discuss. I find these a very great feature of the monthly because you get lots of specific information spoken TO you and demonstrated via the video.

The REC, Video Chat, Collaborations as well as access to all of the instructional videos is part of your monthy fee. The Private Lessons is *in addition to* your monthly fee.

I think that is the crux of the benefits of the site. Someone please correct me if I've given any *mis-information*, but I think covers most of the benefits of this site.

Christian A.

yes, that's it,

and maybe another service is the private messaging with instructors,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 11 2010, 11:53 PM
Instructor
Perhaps we need to put this post somewhere where it is clear to see it, it's definitely important info for new members..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:04 AM