2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New "girl" In Town!, Hufschmid H6 All Sapeli guitar
Darius Wave
Feb 20 2014, 01:51 PM
Instructor
Just received a package with a Hufschmid H6 guitar prototype for test / experiments

Body made of 1 piece Sapeli Mahogany. Same with neck and fretboard. There are some custom build pickups inside but don't know the name yet P Instead of well know theory that mahogany is warm and muddy...this guitar is very bright. It's the highest quality, premium sapeli. Demos comming soon!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2014, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Awesome! I will wait for you comments and video. It looks very Metal. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 20 2014, 02:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice axe, your Hufschmids sound awesome. The texture of the neck looks great. But i liked the previous headstock more smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 20 2014, 03:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
how much is that girl in left handed huh.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 20 2014, 03:08 PM
GMC:er
Very nice! I always felt if a neck humbucker (specially if on the hot) should have a blade facing the neck so the output or tone won't decrease when bending, I noticed this on my guitar when tweaking the pickups smile.gif

I'm curious to hear how it sounds smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Feb 20 2014, 03:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 20 2014, 08:56 PM
Instructor
It's very bright! smile.gif Got very first playthrough behind me and it's not even close what we could suspect smile.gif

jstcrsn - You have to ask Patrick directly

Mertay - I get Your point. Will take a very close look at this aspect smile.gif

Jouve - this headstock design helps strings to get straight through the nut , into the tuners wit minimal or even no angle at all. That's the main purpose smile.gif

+Quote Post
Huargo
Feb 20 2014, 09:19 PM
Tone Seeker
Nice!

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 20 2014, 10:09 PM
Cant wait to hear you're demo Darius. Guitar looks amazing smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 21 2014, 02:59 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Looks beautiful! Really looking forward to hearing the demo smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Feb 21 2014, 03:01 AM
Beautiful!

Looking forward to hearing it in action

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 21 2014, 07:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
She look beautiful smile.gif I listened Patrick's demo but until I will say my opinion I will wait your demo wink.gif Always something will sound different in your demo biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 10:10 AM
Instructor
Bro, this looks like a baritone to me smile.gif A lot like a baritone biggrin.gif How low does it go?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 21 2014, 10:19 AM
Instructor
He he smile.gif It's a regular measure - 25,5" smile.gif But the headstock is pretty long. First impressions are positive. I have 3 hufchmid's at home, all from sapeli and all have different tone and a color tone as well smile.gif That's very interesting... smile.gif All are premium quality Sapeli, and one pice body.

My thoughts on those 3 are (not supported by any knowlege, just a conclusion) that the brighter piece of mahogany the brighter guitar sounds. At least in case of those 3. I did change the pickups to have a good reference point

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 01:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 21 2014, 09:19 AM) *
He he smile.gif It's a regular measure - 25,5" smile.gif But the headstock is pretty long. First impressions are positive. I have 3 hufchmid's at home, all from sapeli and all have different tone and a color tone as well smile.gif That's very interesting... smile.gif All are premium quality Sapeli, and one pice body.

My thoughts on those 3 are (not supported by any knowlege, just a conclusion) that the brighter piece of mahogany the brighter guitar sounds. At least in case of those 3. I did change the pickups to have a good reference point

You mean brighter in respect to the color of the mahogany? I tend to associate the raw wood of the Hufschmidt with the Ibanez MMM and that's why I keep looking at them like they are baritones smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 22 2014, 03:17 PM
Instructor
the headstock is a bit long and sometimes the photo perspective is not as natural as it should but for me those shapes are very regular smile.gif As for the tone it's probably the brightest mehogany guitar I ever had in my hands. There is no way I could show You via any record. You just have to take it in Your own hands smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 04:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
She's a beaut!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 22 2014, 02:17 PM) *
the headstock is a bit long and sometimes the photo perspective is not as natural as it should but for me those shapes are very regular smile.gif As for the tone it's probably the brightest mehogany guitar I ever had in my hands. There is no way I could show You via any record. You just have to take it in Your own hands smile.gif

I assumed so biggrin.gif The darkest one I had, was the K7 - it was like I was playing Darth Vader's voice on 7 strings and it was heavy as hell laugh.gif But, as Darth's voice, it was a bit impersonal, so that's why I thought I would say goodbye to it..

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 24 2014, 12:42 AM
Instructor
As promised - very first demo smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 24 2014, 01:00 AM
Honestly I can't find anything negative for the tone, seems its perfectly balanced and very dynamic smile.gif

What I thought was though the body shape and tone wasn't very complementary...I mean that guitar can get any tone no questions but when looking at that body one expects more compressed sound or when hearing the guitar imagines as if its a traditional Fender or even Gibson design. Atleast thats what I felt.

You know I like a bit more compressed pickups biggrin.gif for that guitar without changing the pickups, I'd only slap a 0.33 cap. on the volume pot (like on my ibanez and I read prs does that trick too) and that would be more than enough to make me happy smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Feb 24 2014, 01:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 24 2014, 08:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
You know that I always tell my honest opinion smile.gif

For my taste the tone it's somewhere at the limit between like and unlike. And now I will argue my opinion:
On the low strings the sound it's great because it's a more open sound but on the higher strings unfortunately become unpleasant for me.
I like how sound on the solo tone but not on the heavy tone.
At the end of the video, over the backing the tone of the guitar it's somewhere in the mix and don't sound very well between the other instruments. I mean it's not so distinctive.
But overall I have the feeling that has more sustain.
I like more your Hufschmid model tongue.gif Has a richer tone smile.gif Actually your model it's one of the guitar that someday I will buy it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:16 AM