Wholetone, introduction tape
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 09:27 PM
GMC:er
That's a wholetone lick, no? Anyway, it's really really quite cool. I'd love a lesson on that one.

Also, a question about index bending. How should I practise this? I've developped a quite strong vibrato on 2+ fingers, but I am really struggling to keep it powerful with just the index finger. I also find it very hard to practise it in the way you do it. you know, the twisting way...

Hope I explained it well enough.

Thanks, and best regards.

Edited for language - Andrew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 16 2008, 07:59 AM
Instructor
Hi kjutte,

Hm... no, I don't think there's any wholetone lick in there unsure.gif But I've planned a lesson on that solo, so you can check it out then. Thanks for the request, btw smile.gif

About vibrato with the index finger.
The wristing way is definitely the best way to go (at least in my opinion), because it's hard to get the strength you need with just bending with your finger. Practice it slow and start with very small bends (micro bends) and make sure your thumb is placed on the upper side of the neck.

I know there's been lots of questions lately about vibrato here at the forum. Maybe there's an interest for an absolute-beginner-lesson on this subject? I'll be happy to make one smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 16 2008, 08:27 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Jul 16 2008, 08:59 AM) *
I know there's been lots of questions lately about vibrato here at the forum. Maybe there's an interest for an absolute-beginner-lesson on this subject? I'll be happy to make one smile.gif

WOW that sounds like a killer topic - especially coming from you! biggrin.gif We can just add it to the three part vibrato series you have got already got (we have got a new "series-feature" coming which will make it easier to find GMC series)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 16 2008, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 16 2008, 09:27 AM) *
WOW that sounds like a killer topic - especially coming from you! biggrin.gif We can just add it to the three part vibrato series you have got already got (we have got a new "series-feature" coming which will make it easier to find GMC series)

Thanks Kris! smile.gif
I'll start planning it a.s.a.p!

If anyone have more questions about vibrato that you want me to talk about in the lesson, - just let me know! wink.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 16 2008, 08:52 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Jul 16 2008, 09:49 AM) *
Thanks Kris! smile.gif
I'll start planning it a.s.a.p!

If anyone have more questions about vibrato that you want me to talk about in the lesson, - just let me know! wink.gif

Marcus - how about you start a new topic on the main board saying you will cover this topic, and ask if people have got any specific problems? More people will notice it and you can get an impression of what the biggest question marks are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 16 2008, 09:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 16 2008, 09:52 AM) *
Marcus - how about you start a new topic on the main board saying you will cover this topic, and ask if people have got any specific problems? More people will notice it and you can get an impression of what the biggest question marks are.

Good idea! Thank smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 16 2008, 10:48 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Jul 16 2008, 08:59 AM) *
Hi kjutte,

Hm... no, I don't think there's any wholetone lick in there unsure.gif But I've planned a lesson on that solo, so you can check it out then. Thanks for the request, btw smile.gif

About vibrato with the index finger.
The wristing way is definitely the best way to go (at least in my opinion), because it's hard to get the strength you need with just bending with your finger. Practice it slow and start with very small bends (micro bends) and make sure your thumb is placed on the upper side of the neck.

what is it then? diminished?

and about the indexvib, it almost feels like I'm crushing the finger in comparison to 'ordinary' vibrato. Is this correct?

This post has been edited by kjutte: Jul 16 2008, 10:51 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:02 AM