Anyone Care To Explain This Technique?, the "harmonic string slide"
Scott Gentzen
May 4 2007, 11:03 PM
GMC:er
http://www.xtrememusician.com/info/guitar/techniques/31.html

I hear this sound occasionally, but I've never seen anyone actually doing it. Is it just sliding the left hand down a string while doing pinch harmonics with the left hand?

(interesting site, btw. Good idea, poor execution and follow-through. Kind of a structured guitarist analysis thing)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 4 2007, 11:19 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 4 2007, 06:03 PM) *
http://www.xtrememusician.com/info/guitar/techniques/31.html

I hear this sound occasionally, but I've never seen anyone actually doing it. Is it just sliding the left hand down a string while doing pinch harmonics with the left hand?
(interesting site, btw. Good idea, poor execution and follow-through. Kind of a structured guitarist analysis thing)

Sounds to me like it is pinch harmonics on an open string, moving the right hand backwards and forwards on the string to "pinch" in different places - didn't know it was called that though!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 4 2007, 11:25 PM
Instructor
It's actually regular picking in right hand - and moving left hand forward and backward to play like natural harmonic!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 4 2007, 11:49 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
One of Satch's tricks i believe.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:46 PM