Impression From The Meinl Guitar Festival 2009 In Germany
edguy
Jun 28 2009, 01:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys I'm back from the Meinl Guitar Festival 2009 in Germany and I have to say it was a wonderful day. (best guitar day in my life so far smile.gif

So I want to share my impression with you and I have also something special for GMC smile.gif

So let's start with the artists at this festival. Here are the Lineup:

On the Mainstage:

Gary Willis, Julian Kleiss, Mickey Meinert John Wesley + Paul Reed Smith, Tony McManus, Rudi Buttas + Joe Crawford, Bernie Marsden + Paul Reed Smith (John Wesley joined that Jam too), Andy Timmons.

At the end: Andy Timmons Solo Part and a Jam Session feat. Steve Vai

At this Festival there were also some Workshops:

Gary Willis, (steve vai Alien Guitar Secrets Masterclass, nt for all people you needed a extra ticket), Dieter Roesberg, Andy Timmons, Paul reed Smith, Tony McManus.

Well I want to write something about the acts I've seen there.

I start with the Mickey Meinert Gig. Mickey is a german musician and he played with Benno Richter (bass) and Zacky Tsoukas (drums). All I can say is it was awesome. Mickey played acoustic guitar and the sound was perfect. He played couple of covers with his own very unique interpretation.Also he played his own songs which have very nice lyrics. It's music that comes from the heart and let you think about things in live. One of the best songs was "Jade Prinzessin". If you want check his website out: www.mickeymeinert.com.

The next thing i watched was the Andy Timmons workshop. Well if you ever saw Andy you know that he is one of the best guitar players out there. But that's not all. He is a really good entertainer, very friendly and funny smile.gif He played couple of tunes (Cry for you, Ghost of you, and one other I'm quite not sure what it was). After that a he talked about his gear and guitar. And that he found his dream Amp in a Mesa Boogie Lonestar from the stock so it is not modiefied for him. He said: "I can go to a guitar shop in every country take A Mesa Boogie Lonestar plug in and that's my sound. After that there were only 5 minutes left for questions. I think one question was: How he starts to write a song. Andy said:"Basicly it comes out accidently when he practice. He start a little groove play something and maybe he find a lick or melody or riff where he can build something around. For example the Song Gone was written on the September 11 where he was sitting in a tour bus and watched CNN like the rest of the world. He grabbed his guitar and let his feelings decide what fits best.

Here 2 pictures from the workshop:

After that workshop i went through the guitar showroom. Well many great guitars were shown but watch yourself:

all Jem's:

PRS:

2 Ibanez Prototypes:

The Ibanez Iceman:

And here my favourite guitar from the showroom:

So after the guitar showroom round i made, there were an autograph hour.

Here on this picture it's me with Andy (I'am look quite stupid on this pictures laugh.gif but I want to share it with you):

Here me with Steve:

So GMC and now here is my gift to this great community laugh.gif Hope you like it:

(I react to slow so Andy wrote .com and net .net sorry for that)

After the autograph hour I went to the mainstage to watch the greatest Jams I've ever seen.

Bernie Marsden, Paul Reed Smith John Wesley played together very nice blues songs. It was awesome. Bernie has such a googe voice and his playing is so powerful and tasty.

After that Andy Timmons has his Solo Part where he plays another time some of his tunes. He brought no band to the Festival so the backing tracks come from the PA.
After his Solo Part he brought out Bernie Marsden, John Wesley, Paul Reed Smith on stage. A drummer called Felix and a basist come ou on stage too. As far as i can remeber they played Crossroads together.

After that nice jam wit 4 great guitarists it was time for Steve Vai. Andy announced that Ricky Garcia comes out and play with him. Ricky Garcia is a good friend of Andy and also a very good guitarist. In the middle of the song Steve comes out plug in an amp and played too.

After that one song Andy and Steve played Little Wing by Hendrix and Ricky left the stage. The last song was a good reason to think about one of the greatest musician ever. Andy and Steve played Beat It from Michael Jackson and gave him the honour he deserved.

It was a very special day in my life and I hope that next year there will be a guitar festival too at the Meinl company area.
I hope you had fun to read this and gain some inspiration out this article like I did when i was there.

Here the final picture:

My english is not the best but i tried it very hard laugh.gif so please excuse this tongue.gif

Greetz Edguy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by edguy: Jun 28 2009, 01:06 PM

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:31 AM