Something Strange Or My Ears Are Shot!
Phil66
Apr 3 2016, 08:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

I've just started >>>>>THIS<<<<< lesson again as I have been neglecting it. I have something very odd when using the GP5 file. I am getting it under my fingers using 50% speed but when I play along with it my guitar sounds very flat compared to the GP5. If I move the notes up a whole tone they sound much closer.
NOW HERE IS THE ODD THING. If I export the GP5 file as a .WAV and import it into my daw and halve the speed and play along it sounds fine.
Is there some weird phenomenon happening here or am I just losing the plot?

Thanks folks

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2016, 04:23 AM
Instructor
I honestly don't know what can happen... maybe something related to your soundcard's sampling (hz)?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2016, 05:37 AM
GMC:er
I get the same thing when playing along with GP5. The real time audio engine has some issues IMHO and it can run a bit sharp or a bit flat. You just have to sorta ignore it. Unless anyone else has a fix?

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 3 2016, 02:24 PM) *
Hello folks,

I've just started >>>>>THIS<<<<< lesson again as I have been neglecting it. I have something very odd when using the GP5 file. I am getting it under my fingers using 50% speed but when I play along with it my guitar sounds very flat compared to the GP5. If I move the notes up a whole tone they sound much closer.
NOW HERE IS THE ODD THING. If I export the GP5 file as a .WAV and import it into my daw and halve the speed and play along it sounds fine.
Is there some weird phenomenon happening here or am I just losing the plot?

Thanks folks

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 4 2016, 07:10 AM
Thanks,
I thought I was going crazy. wacko.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2016, 09:04 PM
Man this is weird, I only noticed it on the Petrucci made easy lesson but I've gone back to others from my earlier lessons and they are out too, all of them are sharp, some more than others, now either my ears have suddenly got better which I doubt very much or, GP6 is playing up all of a sudden.
The Petrucci made easy sounds in between a semitone and a tone sharp to me, it's still sharp if I play 1 fret higher but my guitar is more sharp than the GP6 file if I play 2 frets higher.
It would be great if one of you kind people would try it out for me.

Thanks folks. smile.gif

\m/

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 7 2016, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Never had that problem and checking on both my computers just now everything is in tune.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 7 2016, 10:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I dont have GP6 but I played the GP file from a lesson Im working on through TUX Guitar and it sounded fine at half and full speed.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2016, 07:11 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if my ears are getting confused with the tonal difference. It is quite a thin sound on the GP file.
I'm not sure about that though because when I get two frets higher, on the longer notes I get that wobbling effect like when you're very nearly in tune.

Thanks for the input folks smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 8 2016, 07:16 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2016, 08:53 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going crazy. I've found it. Probably after a couple of beers I messed with this setting. I didn't even know it existed laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It's all good now cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

The arrows point to the problem area ph34r.gif

This knob alters the tuning on ALL files that you open rolleyes.gif

I guess it's the old story of RTFM!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:36 AM