New Riff: Feedback Please?
Todd Simpson
May 12 2021, 11:01 PM
GMC:er
Working on more of a groove type riff than I normally play. A bit less precise and more loose. What do you think? I actually stole the chord shape from KEN but I'm probably doing it wrong. I liked how it sounded though smile.gif It's a D pedal point thing.

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/neon-palm-trees

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 13 2021, 04:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 12 2021, 11:11 PM
Kinda reminds me of zakk wylde stuff on ozzy albums.
cool.gif pretty dope

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 12 2021, 11:53 PM
Metallica Orion came to my mind on first listen. It's always a good sign on early feedback when people tell it makes them remind another song.

My only complain is maybe because the fx wet/dry level its a bit hard to pick-up some notes on what chord you're hitting, some masking is going on.

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 12 2021, 11:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 13 2021, 02:38 AM
I'm playing a very odd chord based loosely on a D with an open string but I just added a bass guitar. Let me know if you hear the difference?

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 12 2021, 06:53 PM) *
Metallica Orion came to my mind on first listen. It's always a good sign on early feedback when people tell it makes them remind another song.

My only complain is maybe because the fx wet/dry level its a bit hard to pick-up some notes on what chord you're hitting, some masking is going on.

Super thanks! I added a bit of an ALICE IN CHAINS style bass guitar. Let me know what you think?

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 12 2021, 06:11 PM) *
Kinda reminds me of zakk wylde stuff on ozzy albums.
cool.gif pretty dope

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 13 2021, 09:05 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 13 2021, 01:38 AM) *
I'm playing a very odd chord based loosely on a D with an open string but I just added a bass guitar. Let me know if you hear the difference?

Very positive change! the feel of it changed too very good smile.gif is it possible to spread the mod. fx wide stereo? then I think it will catch a lot more attention tonally (unless you have something else for that in-mind not implemented yet).

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 13 2021, 02:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 13 2021, 01:34 PM
Instructor
The first thing that came to mind when listening was "Man in a box" by Alice In Chains. Mostly because of the rhythm.

The chord has a more Saraceno or Bettencourt feel. I like it!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
May 13 2021, 06:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like it.

If you speed it up a bit it reminds me of the refrain from "You've got another thing coming'' from Judas Priest.

This post has been edited by Steve Gilfield: May 13 2021, 06:55 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 16 2021, 01:52 AM
Good idea. Will give it a shot!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 13 2021, 04:05 AM) *
Very positive change! the feel of it changed too very good smile.gif is it possible to spread the mod. fx wide stereo? then I think it will catch a lot more attention tonally (unless you have something else for that in-mind not implemented yet).

I had the same thought on Alice in Chains smile.gif The bass gives it a MAN IN THE BOX vibe smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 13 2021, 08:34 AM) *
The first thing that came to mind when listening was "Man in a box" by Alice In Chains. Mostly because of the rhythm.

The chord has a more Saraceno or Bettencourt feel. I like it!

good ear! Yet another influence bleeding through. The D Pedal point, repeating d note thing is the same riff that serves as the basis for a ton of priest songs in the same way the same thing on A worked for Motley Crue/Dokken and the same thing in open E worked for Metallica. smile.gif

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ May 13 2021, 01:54 PM) *
I like it.

If you speed it up a bit it reminds me of the refrain from "You've got another thing coming'' from Judas Priest.

Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version. Whaddya think? Better?

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/neontreesbandv2

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 16 2021, 01:52 AM

+Quote Post
FreePizza
May 16 2021, 03:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I really dig it, Todd. My immediate thought was that it had a cool George Lynch vibe to it. Very cool!

+Quote Post
azureus
May 16 2021, 02:29 PM
QUOTE (FreePizza @ May 16 2021, 03:30 AM) *
I really dig it, Todd. My immediate thought was that it had a cool George Lynch vibe to it. Very cool!

cooool ...sounds verry heavy ... tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:27 PM