Chord Progression Loop Lessons, Has this been done?
spacebran
Mar 20 2012, 12:24 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hello,

Since I've been spending a lot more time practicing different lessons, I don't improvise or mess around as much as I used to. Sometimes when I do, I think too much about what I am learning and sometimes get frustrated, with or without backing tracks or songs. Does this happen to anyone else?

Anyways, I was wondering if someone could make a lesson loaded with chord progressions that range from simple to complex (or maybe in a series) where we can practice improvising. Maybe one lesson could have say, 10 major progressions that start in each of Ionian, Lydian, or Mixolydian and another lesson could be minor progressions, etc.

The instructor could provide the chords, the key, and the possible scales that could be played over top of each progression or chord and maybe an example or riffs to start with. I think this would provide great exercises for players of all skills and would provide an easy way for us to fit in improvising into our routines.

What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
derper
Mar 20 2012, 03:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
I think it's a great idea....it's all out there, but it's really about combining it all into one thread/lesson.

Alex Feather just posted a "topic/thread" with (I believe) minor chord progressions in several keys. I hope I'm remembering that right, and that Alex jumps in and adds a link!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 20 2012, 03:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (spacebran @ Mar 19 2012, 11:24 PM) *
Hello,

Since I've been spending a lot more time practicing different lessons, I don't improvise or mess around as much as I used to. Sometimes when I do, I think too much about what I am learning and sometimes get frustrated, with or without backing tracks or songs. Does this happen to anyone else?

Anyways, I was wondering if someone could make a lesson loaded with chord progressions that range from simple to complex (or maybe in a series) where we can practice improvising. Maybe one lesson could have say, 10 major progressions that start in each of Ionian, Lydian, or Mixolydian and another lesson could be minor progressions, etc.

The instructor could provide the chords, the key, and the possible scales that could be played over top of each progression or chord and maybe an example or riffs to start with. I think this would provide great exercises for players of all skills and would provide an easy way for us to fit in improvising into our routines.

What do you think?

I did this recently! Here is the link
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43443
it has 11 possible key changes and those tracks are very simple you can practice all your modes and pentatonics!
All tracks starts with C major 7 chord and changes to a different key! I hope this helps!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:50 PM