> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2012, 11:15 AM
Instructor
Hey mad!

I see and hear progress! The first part and the one resembling it (the one that makes the link between the main riff and the verse riff) are perfect! Now - the main riff has good timing but you are not playing a few notes as defined as they should smile.gif Take some more time to perfect this one and the verse riff is still a bit rigid, it needs to be more synched with the drums and groovier. I suggest more slow practice and trying to understand the verse groove better - try to sing against the drums if you have the riff in your head smile.gif

When will I see a recording of the Katatonia style lesson? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 1 2012, 11:15 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 2 2012, 11:47 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks smile.gif
Jaja - that verse riff is quite difficult to play slow with a groove.. I'll give that another shot after recording a clean and slow take for the Katatonia style lesson biggrin.gif ... this weekend!

If I can make it to your V-Chat today, would you mind to play the verse-Riff from your Djent Lesson (very slow) for me?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2012, 02:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Aug 2 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Thanks smile.gif
Jaja - that verse riff is quite difficult to play slow with a groove.. I'll give that another shot after recording a clean and slow take for the Katatonia style lesson biggrin.gif ... this weekend!

If I can make it to your V-Chat today, would you mind to play the verse-Riff from your Djent Lesson (very slow) for me?

Of course I will play it - ON THE NEW BARITONE biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 2 2012, 05:38 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 2 2012, 01:26 PM) *
Of course I will play it - ON THE NEW BARITONE biggrin.gif

AWESOMENESS!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2012, 07:19 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 27 2012, 12:52 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cos!

After weeks of non playing guitar I decided to start all over again.. with very simple lessons here from GMC. I realized, that even level 2 lessons were quite hard to tackle for me (in a more enjoyable performance, if you know what i mean happy.gif )
So I picked a few lessons from Gabriel and recorded them. This trained my ability to switch between effects while playing, too..
I'm going to do more advanced lessons soon - especially your new one tongue.gif

I'd like to do some theory with you, too.
What do you think?

Marc

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2012, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Hey Marc! Welcome back man! Which new lesson are we dealing with - the one based on using modes? smile.gif

What theoretical aspects would you like to discuss about?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 28 2012, 01:48 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes: Modes of the rising sun smile.gif
I'm going to put some lighter strings on my Epi LP.. then I should be able to practice the whole lesson with all its bends for more than 5 minutes tongue.gif

Regarding theory: You might ask me anything and I have to answer.. just to test my overall music theory knowledge..

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 29 2012, 08:36 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ah - and in my last REC takes Gabriel mentioned timing problems in some spots.. maybe you have some simple practicing routines to improve this biggrin.gif

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2012, 12:39 PM
Instructor
Alright! So, until you get the lighter strings, let's see what we can work on, regarding theory smile.gif

Let's consider we are in the key of D minor - can you please tell me what parent scale does the D minor/ Aeolian mode have and can you please harmonize it using 7th chords? And can you please tell me how we can modify the structure of the D minor scale to transform it into the D dorian and then the D Phrygian modes - what parent scales do these have? smile.gif

Hope I haven't bombarded you too bad smile.gif

As for timing, I got just the right thing for ya - check out this thread below and tell me what you think - would you be available to record a riff of your choice, using the tracks attached here? biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=41914

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 29 2012, 08:17 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Definately! Will give everything a try right now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 29 2012, 09:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, theory first:
Hope I'm not absolutely wrong here..

Parent scale of D minor/Aeolian: F Major/Ionian

Harmonized F Ionian with 7th-chords:
F7, Gmin7, Amin7, Bb min7, C7, D min7, E min7b5

Transformations:
D Aeolian to D Dorian: playing major 6th instead of minor 6th
D Aeolian to D Phrygian: playing minor 2nd instead of major 2nd

Parent scale of D Dorian is C Ionian
Parent Scale of D Phrygian is Bb Ionian

Now I grab my guitar tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 29 2012, 10:49 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Okay..

While playing I realized some problems in the wider empty spaces in the track. So I decided to play a few times using a click track behind. I played about 4-5 times with that method, and I tapped my right foot to stay in time. Then I recorded without click (only a pre click before recording starts) and this is the first attempt:

It was a huge difference, and it was a really cool feeling to be in time after the first larger spaces biggrin.gif
I realized that sometimes I play a little bit in front of the beat - especially in the very first measures...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2012, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Hey Marc!

I think you did a great job mate wink.gif The only observation I have, would be the fact that we are dealing with BbM7 instead of Bbm7 there, in the F Ionian wink.gif

Now, for the playing, I think it's going good! You need to become more balanced, but since this is a 4/4 simple track, you can work on those skills, by simply interpreting the riff a bit. You can slack or go a pinch faster to give it some dynamic! Anyway, you tend to hurry because you are scared not to stay behind tongue.gif But if there's no actual rhythmic landmark, when the silence bits come into play, your internal clock is the only one working here - this is the whole purpose of this exercise: Adjusting your internal clock to various grooves and timing situations where you must rely on yourself only wink.gif

Shall we try another one? And regarding theory, it seems to me that you can handle this stuff pretty well - is there anything specific regarding theory which troubled you, or you had not understood?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Oct 1 2012, 02:58 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes, another one!

Regarding theory I would say, we just leave it.. when I have a specific question I can just ask smile.gif
By end of the week I'm going to change strings and then you can expect a first take on your modes lesson..

This post has been edited by mad: Oct 1 2012, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 2 2012, 08:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Oct 1 2012, 01:58 PM) *
Yes, another one!

Regarding theory I would say, we just leave it.. when I have a specific question I can just ask smile.gif
By end of the week I'm going to change strings and then you can expect a first take on your modes lesson..

Alright! Well, please let me know when you have the recordings ready - why not chose Gabe's Love Metal lesson and record it over the tricky backing tracks biggrin.gif eh?

+Quote Post
mad
Oct 3 2012, 07:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'll let you know. And I'll try to record Gabriel's lesson over your drum-track.. let's see tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Oct 3 2012, 08:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here is a first recording of the rhythm section..

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/sets/cosmin_timing

This is a set of two tracks, the second contains the recording with more empty spaces..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2012, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Marc! Congrats man! I think you did a fine job biggrin.gif Now tell me, how does it feel? Are you relaxed or not?

+Quote Post
mad
Oct 4 2012, 09:23 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks smile.gif
I'm very relaxed and it feels very natural now. I use to play while tapping my foot since a few days, that really helps with the internal clock..
I just started with another lesson from Gabriel and this time I try to especially keep an eye on timing..

Is there anything else you think I should do to improve timing? Maybe another lesson that contains (easy) phrasing.. just to see if I get the notes played in time?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:28 PM