> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Offa's Thread, for gab's army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2014, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Jan! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army. I hope that you enjoy your stay here and that you get interesting knowledge and creative inspiration to become a more qualified musician. smile.gif

Your info:

Name: Jan
Playing since: 15
Influences: Dire Straits, Joe Satriani, Dream Theater, Jeff Beck, German bands. Pop, rock hard rock and blues.
Diary practice: 1/2 hours.

Could you please post some audios of videos playing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Offa
Jan 14 2014, 05:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel,

here i come with some audio examples. The newest one ist the Blues Shuffle and Solo, which I recorded last week. The others are a bit older. I concentrated the last months on bendings and vibrato.

regards Jan

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Satch_Style_Take_3.mp3 ( 3.31MB ) Number of downloads: 140
Attached File  GMC_Rec_Ostinato_Etude.mp3 ( 1.96MB ) Number of downloads: 144
Attached File  Funky_Satch.mp3 ( 2.34MB ) Number of downloads: 149
Attached File  Blues_Shuffle_and_Solo_Take_1.mp3 ( 2.65MB ) Number of downloads: 141

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2014, 01:17 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for this samples. You have a good level! What do you know about theory, composition and improvisation?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Jan 15 2014, 06:48 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 15 2014, 01:17 PM) *
Hi mate! Thanks for this samples. You have a good level! What do you know about theory, composition and improvisation?

Hi Gabriel!

I know Pentatonic Scales, Major/Minor 3 Note-per-String-Scales, some triads. I am very interested in Modes. I know a bit theory behind that stuff, but its 10years ago... I am not good in improvisation, because i dont spend time on it. Normally i am doing some warm ups and than dig into gmc lessons. unsure.gif I am not very interested in composition a the moment. But I think i need a daily routine, covering all aspects of guitar playing ... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2014, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Great! Thanks for the info. Let's start designing your guitar routine. I think that we should cover these topics:

Warming Up

Alternate Picking

Legato

Phasing/Feeling (Vibrato, bending and dynamics)

Songs analysis

Scales-Modes Workout / Ear training

Creative Work

You don't have a lot of time each day so we have to organize a weekly work that covers these topics and maybe some more that you think I'm missing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Jan 15 2014, 08:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I think this is exactly what i need. You say that i don´t have a lot of time, but i think 1 up to 2 hours per day must be enough. I am not a professional musician. ohmy.gif
Let´s start, I am ready for take off! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Offa
Jan 15 2014, 09:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
It would be great if we can include "The lick of the day". I am not very fast in learning new stuff. I usually need a few days for learning new licks and bring them up to desired the speed. Maybe thats the way to get more flexible.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2014, 11:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Offa @ Jan 15 2014, 04:28 PM) *
I think this is exactly what i need. You say that i don´t have a lot of time, but i think 1 up to 2 hours per day must be enough. I am not a professional musician. ohmy.gif
Let´s start, I am ready for take off! smile.gif

I said it because in my mind this routine requires a lot of work, but this will be very effective.

Could you please suggest some GMC lessons that covers the technique topics that you would like to learn? I'm talking about this ones:

Alternate Picking

Legato

Phasing/Feeling (Vibrato, bending and dynamics)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Jan 16 2014, 01:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker

Could you please suggest some GMC lessons that covers the technique topics that you would like to learn? I'm talking about this ones:

Alternate Picking
Neoclassical Alternate Picking Etude
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-picking-etude/

Legato: Ben´s Land of legato:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Phrasing/Feeling (Vibrato, bending and dynamics)
Phrygian Soloing for beginners
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...loing-beginner/

It´s gone-Rhythm section
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Its-Gone-Rhythm-Section/

Gary Moore inspired phrasing
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Gary_M...pired_Phrasing/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2014, 12:14 PM
Instructor
Excellent! So here we go.

Week 1 & 2:

Warming Up (5 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

HOUR 1:

Alternate Picking (20 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-picking-etude/

Legato (20 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Phasing/Feeling (Vibrato, bending and dynamics) (20 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...loing-beginner/

HOUR 2:

Rhythm Work: (15 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Its-Gone-Rhythm-Section/

Songs analysis (15 minutes)
Let's analyze some of your favorite songs. Could you please post here 3 songs that you like?

Scales-Modes Workout / Ear training / Creative Work (30 minutes)

We will work on modes starting by Dorian. At first have a loot at this thread where you will find all the theory behind it: LINK

1. Play C pentatonic minor and sing each note while you play it. Be sure that you sing on pitch.

2. Play C dorian mode and do the same singing exercise.

3. Play G pentatonic minor scale over this backing. Mostly blues style ideas. Start adding gradually the two extra notes that belong to Dorian more.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funky-Minor-Chords/

This video should give you some ideas about this:

4. Compose Dorian melodic ideas over the backing using this mechanisms:

- Compose it with your voice first and then play it in the guitar.
- Compose it directly on guitar.

Record these ideas and post them here.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 8 2014, 07:34 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Jan 17 2014, 01:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel,

great! That´s really a lot to do but i already started today. For the modal exercise i will need some time to understand the theory. How much time should i spend on the lessons until posting first takes? It could take weeks to play them perfect as possible.

You asked me to post some songs i like

Pearl Jam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vduCS-05sVw
Johnny Cash - Hurt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc
David Bowie - Heroes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYjBQKIOb-w
Rory Gallagher - Million Miles away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXOwDDBhT80

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 17 2014, 03:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Offa @ Jan 16 2014, 09:42 PM) *
Hi Gabriel,

great! That´s really a lot to do but i already started today. For the modal exercise i will need some time to understand the theory. How much time should i spend on the lessons until posting first takes? It could take weeks to play them perfect as possible.

You asked me to post some songs i like

Pearl Jam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vduCS-05sVw
Johnny Cash - Hurt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc
David Bowie - Heroes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYjBQKIOb-w
Rory Gallagher - Million Miles away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXOwDDBhT80

Excellent! Thanks for the list. We will start the song analysis the next week because I think you have enough work by now.

The first week should be for learning the lessons. You can learn 1 / 2 parts each day and you will get the whole thing in 5/6 days. Then you can work on playing the whole lesson over backings. I think that you could start posting your takes in around 10 days. But it's ok if it's sooner or later than that. Take your time but keep me updated and feel free to post a video playing just a part or something that requires feedback.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Jan 28 2014, 04:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hello Gabriel!
I am still learning the lessons and still having fun. I have some problems with the modes. I don´t know how to start and don´t know the scale patterns. Can you help me?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 29 2014, 05:16 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! I'm sorry that I didn't post Dorian Shapes here. At first I recommend you to learnt all the positions and play it up and down over the backing (the one from Stephane's lesson).

Please try this every day and be back when you feel comfortable with the positions and scale sound.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Feb 8 2014, 12:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel,

i am familiar with the scale patterns and the lessons now. The playback is G minor dorian. You told me to play in C dorian using the playback... Maybe a mistake? I don´t know...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2014, 07:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Offa @ Feb 8 2014, 08:06 AM) *
Hi Gabriel,

i am familiar with the scale patterns and the lessons now. The playback is G minor dorian. You told me to play in C dorian using the playback... Maybe a mistake? I don´t know...

Hi mate, you are totally right, I just fixed my post. Start experimenting with the scale over the backing, record ideas and post them here.

Could you please share some audio files of you playing the lessons?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Feb 12 2014, 12:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel!

I recorded audio-files you asked for. "It´s gone" is very tricky. I do not often play without pick, but i like it. It´s a great lesson. I play this one without backing and slow tempo. It will sound much better in a few days.
The Alternate Picking Etude is fun to play to. I still have some knots in my fingers... cant play this one at full speed now.

rolleyes.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  itsgone.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 142
Attached File  APEtude_slow.mp3 ( 530.61K ) Number of downloads: 156
Attached File  Ben_s_Land_Of_Legato_Shred.mp3 ( 696.39K ) Number of downloads: 129
Attached File  Phrygian_Soloing.mp3 ( 665.8K ) Number of downloads: 123

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2014, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Great to find all these audios!! smile.gif

It's gone:
It starts weak but then, after the first section it gets more consistent. This type of tunes are usually adjusted with time so be patient and continue playing it every day. Be sure that you will feel more comfortable each day and one day it will be natural stuff for you. The more time you play it every day, the sooner it will happen.

APetude:
This one is sounding very good! It's time to increase the tempo.

Land of legato:
This one requires strong hammer on and pull off techniques. You hand get tired when you reach the first half of the lesson and the notes start to sound weaker. This lesson is an excellent training, so keep on playing it.

Phrygian Soloing:
This one is sounding good bu I recommend you to practice and record it with a tone more similar to the one use by Muris in the lesson to practice vibratos with that quantity of sustain.

Ok, these are my comments, what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Offa
Mar 11 2014, 01:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel!
The last weeks i didn´t had much time to practise lessons. I was on vacation, were busy at work and i have a new band! I have to practise some new songs. But I am still playing the lessons and making progress. Would you suggest some new stuff? Or should i practise until i can play them perfect at original tempo? I think this one is a great lesson... :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funky-Ballad/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2014, 12:13 PM
Instructor
I think that we are ready for a new plan. You can keep the old lessons, and play them twice every day and then work on new ones. What do you think? Do you have some other lesson suggestions?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:45 AM