Ralinktech Wireless Unable To Connect
MickeM
Aug 12 2008, 11:44 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
this is not GMC related and not really for discussion but for information to others who experienced the same, but feel free to post ideas if you like. My purpose is to help others who were as lost as I was and there's not any good information out yet.

----------------------------

I got a new computer with a Wireless LAN cared from Ralinktech (www.ralinktech.com) and I couldn't get it to work with my router.
The card is called RT2760 or RT2860, don't recall which but that's not all that important.
It's the mini kind since it's a laptop running Windows Vista.

My first thought was that it was because of protocol 802.11n for the Wireless card while the rounter is a bit older and manage up to 802.11g.
But that wasn't the case.

I could connect to my neighbours unsequre network but not to mine. I even installed the latest drivers for the Wireless card but that didn't seem to help.
I had to remove security where I'm anly allowing MAC addresses for the computers I have at home. That was entered into the rounter.
Running an unsecured network worked for me!
Now I've added a WEP key for sequrity instead, which also works.

So to sum it up;
Ralinktech
RT2760
RT2860
Wireless LAN (trådlöst nätverk)
laptop
Vista
802.11n

Disabling MAC address filtering in the router opened up for the Ralinktech Wireless to connect to the router.
Addding WEP key for sequrity was possible and still have it working.

Hope I could help atleast someone who was searching for the same information I did but never finding anything.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:09 PM