Ezdrummer->reaper?
JVM
Dec 27 2008, 10:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys. EZdrummer just arrived at my doorstep today, but I'm having trouble hooking it up to Reaper. From what I understand, I make a track, click the fx button on it, go to VSTis and do the EZdrummer one. However, it's just not being that simple. I don't know if I installed EZdrummer wrong, or if I'm going to the wrong place, but can someone give me a hand?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Dec 27 2008, 10:11 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Try:

options-> preferences->plugins-> vst

then enter the directory for the .dll file that you should have floating around (did ezdrummer ask you where youd like this file to be put etc)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 27 2008, 10:15 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Is it showing up in the list of vst's? If not, you will have to finsd it the way Jord described. also if it's a zipped file, you will need to extract the file into reaper

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 27 2008, 10:20 PM
Learning Roadie
I did the custom install and installed EZdrummer into the reaper plugin folder. I read somewhere that was what should be done, but I still don't see it anywhere and even when I enter the directory for it and go to c/programfiles/reaper/plugins in the directory in reaper, the ".dll" doesn't show up. I don't know where it is. This is the second time I installed it because I couldn't figure it out, so if I have installed something wrong, do correct me.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Dec 27 2008, 10:25 PM
Get to da Chopper!
mabe run a search on your C drive for all .dll files? Not sure what your ezdrummer one would be called (possibly exdrummer tongue.gif, but after windows searches them all out, you could scroll through the results and put the .dll where you'll find him next time)
Short of that...reinstall again and make sure that (if there is a selection for it) it is actually unpacking the .dll during installation.

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 27 2008, 10:30 PM
Just to add, it may be listed under toontrack

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 27 2008, 10:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Can you guys guide me as if from a completely fresh install? I have searched my C drive and there is no mention of a .dll associated with ez drummer, that I can tell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 27 2008, 10:57 PM
Joe, re-install and follow the wizard like you probably did before. Just install in the folder C:\Program Files\Reaper\Vstplugins. Look for it in reaper under Toontrack, not ez drummer....

This post has been edited by skennington: Dec 27 2008, 11:01 PM

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 27 2008, 11:37 PM
Learning Roadie
[edit] I figured it out smile.gif Thanks for the help gents.

Though I am having one more problem.. I'm new to Reaper, and when I open my reaper window it says "there was an error while opening your audio hardware." In the top right of the screen it says [audio device closed]. Is there a simple solution for it?

This post has been edited by JVM: Dec 27 2008, 11:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 27 2008, 11:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
When I get that error I just reboot. Something is hanging on the the soundcard driver.

Hope that works for you also.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 28 2008, 12:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Got it all working. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 28 2008, 04:37 PM
Learning Roadie
I have another question tongue.gif I'm such a newb with plugins. Is there a way, either in EZdrummer or in reaper, to adjust the tempo of the drum track? Besides the 1/2 and 2x feature in ezdrummer. Also, if someone can either point me in the right direction or just give me the explanation on how to create new tracks and loops. I'm a MIDI newb as well tongue.gif At least, I think it's done through midi. Thanks guys.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 28 2008, 04:41 PM
Heres a great tutorial Joe...

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 28 2008, 04:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Sken, I'll look it over. Hopefully it'll answer all my questions smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2008, 05:10 PM
Instructor
I'm going to do some EZD tutorials soon, so I think it should answer to some frequent questions about it mate. Stay tuned! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 4 2009, 03:02 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 28 2008, 05:10 PM) *
I'm going to do some EZD tutorials soon, so I think it should answer to some frequent questions about it mate. Stay tuned! smile.gif

That's awesome Ivan, I'm really interested in reaper & VSTis lately, and feel quite lost about the whole thing.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:03 PM