Surrealism And Guitars
The Uncreator
Sep 2 2007, 10:16 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ok, so im requesting some help from you guys, currently in school, in my Drawing II class, we have to a Surreal drawing/ painting or whatever for an art show we all have to enter. I was talking to my teacher about ideas for mixing guitars in with it, ive got a few cool ideas, but i was hoping some of you guys could come up with some real Surreal stuff that involves guitars?

Some basic ideas i have runnning:

A man with 4 or 6 arms and they are all grabbin' the guitar, the neck and some have picks looking like he is about to shred some Unholy solo!

A Guitar with basically its own arms and legs, playing it self.

Giant seascape, no land in sight, and theres a man sitting on top of the water (not sinking biggrin.gif )on a stool and hes is just chillin playing his guitar. Clouds in the distant form what appears to be a guitar in the sky.

So can any of you come up with some cool ideas? or add stuff to the ones up top?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 2 2007, 10:21 PM
GMC:er
Thats some awesome ideas. I dont think I can come up with anything better. I'll post it if I do though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 2 2007, 10:32 PM
Learning Roadie
I like the one of the sea, but not the clouds in the sky. I think that'd throw off the focus a bit too much.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 2 2007, 10:40 PM
What if you replace the role of the guitar and the person... Have a guitar playing a person or something xD Or a band with guitars, playing on humans like instruments tongue.gif

Maybe a little weird idea, but I think it could have been cool biggrin.gif
A JEM playing Steve Vai biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 2 2007, 10:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 2 2007, 09:40 AM) *
What if you replace the role of the guitar and the person... Have a guitar playing a person or something xD Or a band with guitars, playing on humans like instruments tongue.gif

Maybe a little weird idea, but I think it could have been cool biggrin.gif
A JEM playing Steve Vai biggrin.gif

For some strange reason I think he would love that laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 3 2007, 02:42 AM
im always a man(or a boy) who loves simplicity. I was thinking like a kid, could be a poor kid from the slums, and in the background a war is going on(or something along the lines of chaos). It could represent like nothing matters when im playing music because everything else doesnt matter when i pick up a guitar.

hmm im always not too good with ideas...

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Gen
Sep 3 2007, 03:01 AM
I think you should draw a cool guy playing on the clouds with a flying v guitar, but the strings of the guitar would be lightning strings, electrified strings, i dont know how to say lol. the playing of the guy will generate thunders around him! i have a visual idea, its kinda hard to explain, i see a big full moon behind the guitarist. but one thing...the guy must have long hairs biggrin.gif lol long hairs going wild because the the wind etc...as i said, its kinda hard to explain, i hope you see what im trying to say biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Gen: Sep 3 2007, 03:02 AM

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 3 2007, 09:47 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
^ Did something very similar to that last year, i drew a guy riding a lightning bolt playing a Dime ML smile.gif

I like the idea about the war going on, although its not Surreal enough, i think ill do it for our "Graphite Project" instead though.

Thanks for all the ideas, i like the one with a JEM playing Steve Vai!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 3 2007, 10:49 AM
Hmm, I like the idea about the guy on the water, but maybe standing up would look cooler. As for the clouds, see if you can have them parted around him, with maybe a golden light or something in the center.

Few other ideas:

A cloud in the shape of a V, or an SG?

I pulled my tablet out to see what I could come up with. Unfortunately, I'm a terrible artist and envy you for being able to draw anything well.
Hopefully you get the message though

This one is from a dream I had last night, I was falling from a building into a street filled with cars, but I was just playing guitar, I hit the bottom and woke up.

This ones a war where the gun is the guitar.

The last one here has the guitar plugged into the guys ankle, and hes playing as the crowds cheering for him.

None of these show detail, or any artistic talent, but you can probably get the message.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Sep 3 2007, 10:50 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 3 2007, 07:30 PM
WOW the one with the building was reaaaaaaaaaally cool!

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 4 2007, 09:07 AM
Too bad I can't draw for my life biggrin.gif.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:41 PM