2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Made You To Sign Up For Gmc ?
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 25 2008, 12:02 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
We all know that GMC has a very good free value to it..I'm interested to know what made you sign up to become a member? Did you do it straight away, or you used the free part of the site for some time (and how long) ? Was it one of the lessons that made you decide that its time to be a member ? Or you wanted to join the forum,colaborations? Tell us how you got here smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 25 2008, 12:25 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I was picking up the guitar again after a 6 month break when my daughter was born, I was looking for some inspiration, I was bored and tired of the same routines that I played/used for many years, I found GMC whilst surfing the net at work, and listened to Pavels Ionian speedpicking exercise and thought, yea thats what I`m looking for!

When I got home I picked up the guitar and began learning it, I think I signed up that night or the next day after poking around a bit on the site, everything was just too cool not to be a part of smile.gif

I`m a total addict! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ayen
Feb 25 2008, 02:43 AM
GMC:er
I picked up my Fender during a week-long blackout in my neighborhood (during the summer sad.gif) out of boredom. I went out to the nearest Guitar Center and got the first newbie book I could find. I'd had a guitar at this point for two years but never had the motivation to learn. So I learned how to read tabs from the book, then when the power came back I learned Crazy Train, and from there I was hooked. I googled online guitar lessons or something similar, and found Freelicks.net. Followed the link there to Guitarmasterclass, and a few months later I joined GMC.

Best decision I've ever made.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 25 2008, 02:50 AM
What made me sign up? this.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 25 2008, 02:51 AM
It was Pavels Power-Metal Speedriffing that got me to sign-up... Still havent mastered it at his speeds, but ill be there one day.. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 25 2008, 03:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 24 2008, 08:50 PM) *
What made me sign up? this.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I haven't seen that one before. Not sure if I would jion based on that or run home to my mother. laugh.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 25 2008, 03:39 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Kris' Lessons on UG Made me sign up, When i learned quite a bit from just a few of those, i decided to join L)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 25 2008, 03:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I joined because I was truly inspired! After not playing for so many years I found this site via the link from freelicks.com. I quit because I wasn’t happy with my playing and (didn’t seem like there was anything fresh and new) progress. I couldn’t relate to several teachers or find a group of people that took the music serious. It was all about the partying or the chicks. There was nothing like this when I was learning how to play and am truly grateful I found this place.

I trolled the free lessons and really enjoyed myself and thought hey, if it's this good free then I got to join. The guy who developed this site deserves some money.

Thanks Kris and everyone else who makes this site great. I love it here.

Jeff

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Slammer
Feb 25 2008, 03:51 AM
I had been using Freelicks for about a year before I signed up.

But the thing that I think made me sign up the most was Kris's whole Idea behind the site.

That anyone who put in the time practising could play as well as him, and that sounded very encouraging to me cool.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 25 2008, 08:55 AM
Instructor
One of my friends tolk me about this site and just thought 'I need trying to record some lessons'. And that was a great idea 'cos it's the best work I ever dreamed and one of the reason that's makes real my dream of work in music biggrin.gif

Thanks for all GMC !!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 25 2008, 09:07 AM
Get to da Chopper!
I used the free features for a while. I remember being impressed by most of the lessons i saw (cant remember what they were as it was quite a long time ago).

+Quote Post
albino
Feb 25 2008, 12:23 PM
Signed up after trying out some of the freebies [Jimmy Hendrix style was one].
The whole professionalism of the site; the instructors, videos, and the ease of use of the site. The site design makes things very easy and the bookmarking feature is great. There is a real sense of support no matter what your style or level.

--------------------

+Quote Post
unreal
Feb 27 2008, 07:27 PM
After having had guitar lessons in ground school (20 years ago smile.gif ), I picked up an old acoustic guitar again just about 3 months ago and played a little. While looking for free guitar lessons for my new-found hobby that I thought would turn out to be a little chords-playing once in a while, I saw GMC, and I was amazed already by the free content that is offered here. I couldn't resist and bought a electric guitar starter kit two months ago - and it was absolutely addictive smile.gif. That's when I signed up for GMC - and I'm still surprised about the great value/price ratio. Thanx to all the fabulous lessons of the GMC instructors, I now spend every free minute playing the guitar (is a sleep withdrawal syndrome also a guitar induced disease? blink.gif wink.gif ) . I have nowhere else seen such an exhaustive site covering so many different styles and also such a great theory section, there's a lot left to explore smile.gif .

GMC really rocks cool.gif

Many thanks to all the people here who made that possible

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 27 2008, 08:51 PM
Curious Coincidence!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 27 2008, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
i had been browsing around severel free guitar larning sites for months and GMC was the best i could find so i joined and havnt regret it a second

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 27 2008, 10:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I retook guitar again after 14 years... and I decided that I wanted to make it right this time around smile.gif

Lucky for me, after all this time, there's this thing called internet.

You know the rest smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 28 2008, 12:26 AM
The Dark Canuck
I was looking at a tab on UG and saw one of Kris's videos at the bottom. After I watched I thought GMC was at least worth a look. I looked at one of Gabriels lesson and a 101 lesson and before I knew it I was signing up and giving my paypal info smile.gif Best thing I've ever done....well maybe second best. Getting a Les Paul would be first tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2008, 12:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Feb 27 2008, 08:26 PM) *
I was looking at a tab on UG and saw one of Kris's videos at the bottom. After I watched I thought GMC was at least worth a look. I looked at one of Gabriels lesson and a 101 lesson and before I knew it I was signing up and giving my paypal info smile.gif Best thing I've ever done....well maybe second best. Getting a Les Paul would be first tongue.gif

It's nice to read that! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 28 2008, 01:12 AM
Instructor
I browsed the net, and saw the forum first. At starters I couldn't beleive what a great helpful positive and advanced musci community this was. SOmething I haven't seen before, and then I noticed the link Guitar Jobs...

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 28 2008, 01:26 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 27 2008, 07:38 PM) *
It's nice to read that! smile.gif

Well it's true. Your lessons were exatly what I was looking for and I just love your style. I'm a huge fan.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:12 PM