2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Finally - We Have Fattened Gmc Up!, Site upgrade
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 6 2007, 06:41 PM
GMC Founder
Hey what happened – did gmc just get wide!? blink.gif

Yes that's right - this is the beginning of the site upgrade we have been teasing you with lately.

Feel free to type whatever is on your heart into the search field (no food related queries please! biggrin.gif ) and either hit enter, to perform a simple search. Or, click “advanced search” for more results (Advanced search for European users may unfortunately be slow as it is now)

The advanced part will be expanded to contain filter for instructors, spoken videos, guitarpro files, lesson types, music category etc. In other words, you will be able to specify exactly what you want your search results to contain. This shouldn’t be too far away in time.

So - what we are seeing now is just the very first, tiny symptom of the upcoming restructuring.

To make a long story short, this new feature originates from an insight I got somewhere around March this year – when we started to get more frequent updates. The idea was to structure our content in a database to allow for very interesting things in the future. We will have an individual lesson planner, a “my GMC” feature with bookmarks etc. (was actually requested as late as today).

On a side note - this project has taught me to be very careful with specifying release dates. For each step forward we took with this project we had to take three steps backwards as the site’s technical foundation was a little…weak. (Hey! At least I can play fast pentatonics dry.gif ) However, with the help of our fantastic crew (and especially Henrik) this is now fixed.

Henrik and I met up the beginning of this summer to discuss the future structure of the site. When all the technical specifications were set - Swedish Oskar worked with setting up the database structure the whole summer - which now “holds” all our lessons.

Maria and I have worked the last months filling the database with lesson information. And most recently, Henrik has implemented the first step – which you are looking at today!

So a huge thanks to everybody who has been envolved – and to YOU, for your patience and support.

Now keep practicing, or rather…go search for bugs – we are quite sure there are a bunch which we haven’t found yet!! biggrin.gif

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 6 2007, 07:51 PM
Instructor
You did great job,congrats!! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 6 2007, 07:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Looks great Kris!

I have one question, will we eventually be able to search through the album/concert/gear reviews without having to do a forum search on the specific forum?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Sep 6 2007, 08:28 PM
GMC:er
Woohoo, I thought something looked different! Definitely a good update. Thanks Kris and the team!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 6 2007, 08:30 PM
Cool

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 6 2007, 08:32 PM
Instructor
I entered Sweeping in search and among sweeping lessons got also lessons that have nothing to do with sweeping...is it supposed to be that way?

Anyway this definitely makes search easier! Thanks!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Sep 6 2007, 08:37 PM
well at least is has the most relevant at the top of search when you look for sweeping. i search for singing and now i got all the lessons there biggrin.gif cool cool!

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Sep 6 2007, 08:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
Sep 6 2007, 08:37 PM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 6 2007, 09:32 PM) *
I entered Sweeping in search and among sweeping lessons got also lessons that have nothing to do with sweeping...is it supposed to be that way?

Anyway this definitely makes search easier! Thanks!

Like Rock Rhythm n Solo Lesson 7?
That's because it's mentioned in the text, "so i decided to put sweeping aside "... heh, not perfect to find that in the search of course, but computers aren't that bright smile.gif Anyway, it's at the end of the results, so I guess that's ok anyway. We might add "negative keywords" later, to manually avoid things like this smile.gif

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Sep 6 2007, 08:38 PM
Singing Instructor
You have done a great job!! I'm very glad that GMC is growing and is going better every day!! smile.gif
Congratulations Kris and GMC crew!

luciana.-

This post has been edited by Luciana: Sep 6 2007, 09:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 6 2007, 08:41 PM
Instructor
The new searching tool is great! You are doing a great job with GMC!!!! smile.gif

gabriel.-

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 6 2007, 09:15 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 6 2007, 08:41 PM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif Thanks!

This thing has been going on for so long with so many complications I have almost forgot my name blink.gif

JVM: We haven't thought of including those results yet - it will not be part of the "advanced search" expansion.

However - Henrik has got some interesting ideas regarding a better review feature than the forum, if those get realised we will most likely also expand searching possibilities.

Pavel - the result show in order of relevance. So even a lesson that treats legato - but that has the word "sweeping" mentioned somewhere will appear. Hopefully it should be below your more relevant sweeping lessons.

edit: Cool - four more comments when typing this!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 6 2007, 08:47 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 6 2007, 03:41 PM) *
This thing has been going on for so long with so many complications I have almost forgot my name blink.gif

Guitar Tube ... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Awesome update Kristofer - its nice to see some results from all of your hard work behind the scenes!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 6 2007, 09:05 PM
The Dark Canuck
Great job guys and gals!

All your hard work is much apprciated. It makes me feel special to be part of such a great community when you see the dedication that Kris and Co. are putting into making this site the best it can be. My membership is due this month I believe and I'll be signing up for my next six months without hesitation.

+Quote Post
bart m
Sep 6 2007, 09:23 PM
Very nice update. Quality work Kris...i have come to expect nothing less.
bart

+Quote Post
misterj
Sep 6 2007, 09:46 PM
wow, this is really cool!! great job. that "individual lesson plan" thing looks great. will that be something where you can drag n drop the lessons you are practicing into a certain place so you wont have to search the site every time to practice the same lessons? ( ex. " now was that lesson in 'exersises' or ' solo guitar'?")

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 6 2007, 09:47 PM
Instructor
Amazing new addition. :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 6 2007, 09:50 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (misterj @ Sep 6 2007, 10:46 PM) *
wow, this is really cool!! great job. that "individual lesson plan" thing looks great. will that be something where you can drag n drop the lessons you are practicing into a certain place so you wont have to search the site every time to practice the same lessons? ( ex. " now was that lesson in 'exersises' or ' solo guitar'?")

That's the plan! smile.gif

I can't tell you for sure if we will use drag and drop though - we will solve it somehow though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 7 2007, 03:36 AM
Great job guys, your hard work really shows. I'll do whatever I can to reporting find and report any bugs, as long as you guys continue being awesome.

This really makes finding a lesson easier, not to mention keeps you in a better mood when you can find something at the speed of light.

No other site cares about their members as much as you guys do, and that's exactly why I too am resubscribing once my membership runs out.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 7 2007, 04:04 AM
awsome but when i try something on quick search it doesnt work only on advanced search blink.gif

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Sep 7 2007, 04:30 AM
great work guys cant wait for more

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:11 PM