> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Dynamics Control, Lesson By Diego Budicin
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Oct 13 2016, 11:06 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Dynamics Control by Diego Budicin

Hey guys, here take 2. Still not perfect yet but better as the previous one i think. Hope you can see progress.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57496

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 17 2016, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, good job.

I can see that this new take shows improvements regarding the previous one. You are starting to polish the slow licks, now I can see better use of bending and vibrato.

The faster parts still need work, mostly in the second half of the lesson. There, the faster parts issues makes you also lose attention on slower stuff so the timing and pitch issues start more often.

So my recommendation is to isolate the trickier parts and work on them, and as I've said in previous comment, combine this with some complementary stuff in order to master the faster licks.

Keep working!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 18 2016, 10:40 AM
Instructor
Hi Tim, your playing does seem to have gained an extra dose of control. Your timing has gotten better over the months that we've been seeing your RECs.

This is probably one of your most controlled performances, especially of a complex lesson, because this lesson does have some sophisticated phrasing.

The tone seems stronger and you're articulating it better. When your pick and fingers work in sync the tone is always better.

Obviously you still need to give yourself more time to develop the dexterity needed in both hands to deliver complex phrases and passages. At the moment, your mind is 100% ready and willing to do it but the hands are not ready for what you're asking them to do just yet. So more time at 'alternate picking boot camp' is needed!

Btw, not sure what is happening to the camera. It looks like somebody smeared Vaseline over the lens laugh.gif Probably the focus is set wrong!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 18 2016, 10:41 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 18 2016, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim!

First thing that makes good impression is you fixed timing through most of this take. Slow licks seems to sound better but with faster runs you still have problems - you tend to loose some notes. I would go for Ben's suggestion that alternate picking bootcamp is a way to go for now. It would also help you to fix some picking assignment issues.

One more good thing to notice is that you've limited the number of notes that were a little of the pitch, Keep up the good work smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 18 2016, 05:00 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:51 PM