Next Guitar: Epiphone Silverburst
Isis
Oct 10 2008, 10:25 PM
GMC:er
hi guys! first post, woho! tongue.gif

Im thinking about getting a new guitar, the one i have know is a cheap usb-guitar that i got for like 100$. So as you might understand i feel like moving on to the next level.
This Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst got my attention.
Sexy as hell! I really like gibson-shaped guitar, and the paintjob is so cool.

I was wondering if anyone have tried this or a similar guitar? And is there any difference in sound between different types of epi les paul customs? The reason i ask is because i want to try it out and hear it before i buy it, but i doubt they have exactly this guitar at my local guitar store. So maybe i can try a similar model and order this online.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 10 2008, 10:28 PM
Iv'e played the Gibson version, which Adam jones of Tool also plays, and i want it so bad. never played the epi though, sorry.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Oct 10 2008, 10:31 PM
Instructor
nice choice mate .very nice gear

+Quote Post
Isis
Oct 10 2008, 10:36 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Oct 10 2008, 11:28 PM) *
Iv'e played the Gibson version, which Adam jones of Tool also plays, and i want it so bad. never played the epi though, sorry.

Yea Im a big fan of Tool, and if i had the money i would get the gibson version without hesitation. But the epi looks like a good alternative 'til i get rich and famous tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Oct 10 2008, 10:39 PM
Epi LP Customs, though not my favorite, are good for those who can't afford the Gibson model yet. I personally despise
Les Pauls (never played a decent one), but I have played an ESP Eclipse, which is ESP's take on the Les Paul shape. Since you like Les Pauls, you might like these two:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...kups?sku=512885 (if you play metal)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...00VF?sku=512884 (if you like a variety of styles)
Btw, do you happen to listen to a band named Isis? biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just looked it up, and The LP Custom has Alnico Classic pickups, while my SG has Alnico 5 pickups. The classics are supposed to be better than the 5s, but I really can't say. But still, Epiphone pickups aren't the best, you could probably find a guitar with better pickups for 700 dollars. But if you really want this guitar, its still a good deal, cuz you get Gibson-like quality at a low(er) price.

This post has been edited by Fullmetal_Tmd: Oct 10 2008, 10:58 PM

+Quote Post
Isis
Oct 12 2008, 03:55 PM
Thx for the tips Fullmetal. Im gonna check out those guitars as well.
And yea Isis rocks! One of my favourite bands.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:02 PM